It's time to lay down the law.
But first, on behalf of all the moderators and staff, we'd like to thank all you JNCers for acting so civilized for so long without any rules whatsoever. Give yourselves a well-deserved pat on the back for being the best behaved forum members on the internet.
So why the rules then? Because we want the JNC forums to be around for a very long time and to serve as a resource. In other words, to keep things organized. So with out further ado, the Forum Rules:
1. Location is required. Be specific. "USA" won't cut it. Japanese cars had a nearly infinite number of variations depending on which part of the world they were sold in. We have members from all over the planet, so having a location helps when you have a question about your car, or when you're buying/selling something in the swap meet.
2. User Name cannot have foul words or innuendo. Also, no ".com" or "dot com" or other domain name variations. Keep CAPS to a minimum.
3. Email Address must be valid. Otherwise we cannot contact you about site issues. We do not sell your contact info to other companies and do not spam.
4. Signatures are limited to 400 width x 100 height. This helps people with slow internet connections and/or small screens minimize waiting and/or excessive scrolling. If you list your cars, please minimize the list to only nostalgics (25+ years).
5. Introduce Yourself. Your first post must be in the Introduce Yourself section. If you do not do this, your other posts may be deleted. This is further protection against spammers.
6. Thread Titles should make searching easy later on. Preferably, put the year, make & model of the car you're posting about in the Subject.
7. Turn off ALL CAPS. We don't like to be yelled at, and CAPS = YELLING! Also, please keep user names to lower case. Caps are okay for the first letter, of course.
8. Be Nice. Don't dis other forum members or their rides. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but we'd like you to keep it to yourself if it can be construed as hateful or negative.
8a. Be Nice to the Moderators. They work very hard to keep the forum running smoothly. Without them, this resource would not exist. They are also the chain of command. As much as we'd love to PM each of you every time you break a rule, that's simply not realistic. If you have a disagreement, deal with it via PM, not a post, and be respectful! Do not bite the hand the provides this free forum.
9. Private Messages must be kept private. Do not copy/paste them in into the forum or anywhere else without the sender's consent.
10. Swap Meet Rules
a) Must post pics
b) Must post price (no "feelers" or "make me an offer")
c) JNC cars or parts only (25 years or older)
d) no linking to auction or cl
e) use JNC-required subject title format
11. Commercial Postings are not allowed. Swap Meets are for cleaning out your garage, not running your small business (unless sponsorship arrangements have been made).
12. Directing Traffic to your own (or your friend's) site is not allowed. You are permitted a URL in your signature. Don't repeatedly link to your own site in posts or they (and your account) may be deleted.
If you have any questions, please read the JNC Forum FAQ.
That's all for now. Once again, thanks for visiting JNC, now go forth and post!