Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TE51 Corolla Deluxe

TE51 Corolla Deluxe

Here's what i started with. Always liked old toyotas, havn't seen too many other te51 liftbacks. The first one started with front end damage and grey panels, and then after a minor wreck it got worse. Thats when I bought the second one, auto with plans to swap with the other 5speed.

I cut the springs and put in 2" lowering blocks, complete new brakes from master cylinder to drums, and threw on some rims it sat like that. This is with tires I got with the rims, way to much sidewall. Only made about 2 trips on this set-up before front suspension got overhauled.

I finally spent the money and got ground control coilovers and Koni 86-10 inserts for the front. I needed to shorten the strut 40mm to fit the new shocks, so I had a buddy of mine cut and weld 40mm out. I don't have a picture of the final struts, but will add one next time wheels comeoff. The rear I took a leaf out of the packs. If you look at the windshield you can tell this was taken after sitting in the garage for 2 months wihout getting washed.

This is with 3" blocks in the rear and bump stops removed. Needless to say the front rides much better than the rear. This, along with a proper fender roller, allowed me to lower the front coils a little bit (still could go down another inch in the front). This final pic shows the worst area of paint, driver rear. I think there has been minor body work done there before.

I still have major plans and a lot of work is about to go into this. Engine, trans, and rear suspension are next on the list. Interior, paint, body work, and wheels will come down the line.

Let me know what you think of it, also any ideas welcome.

Badass to see another liftback in washington, I got a sr5 liftback myself. Your car look hella good.

I didn't know there was another liftback in the area. I don't drive mine much right now, Auto 2tc isn't much fun. It'd be cool to see your car sometime, See the difference in the sr5

Yeah there is one more where I live but its beat to shit and none sr5. Yeah I don't think there is that much of a difference other then the sr5 came with the t50 5spd tranny. Where you get that grill at I have been looking for one like that. Once I get the new engine in and get my lisence back you can so check it out.

The parts car i have is a Deluxe and came with a t50. I've heard the dashes are a little different, but that might be between the sport coupe/liftback.

Maybe you got all the like oil pressure guages and stuff?

Only gauges i got are fuel level and coolant temp. Spot for a tach but doesn't have one. As for the grill, i believe it to be stock. It had a toyota badge on it, but took it off. The honeycomb design on my other one was a little different, and it said corolla rather than toyota

Ah ok so yeah I got all gauges so that's the difference. My grill has a huge corrola symbol and I don't like it, I just want a plain honey comb grill it looks a lot better that way.

The giant corolla badge should be held on by 1 or 2 screws, Take it off and it should look like mine

I tm way to lazy to do it hahaha