Poll: Is there a nor-cal car meet?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Northern California Car shows?

Northern California Car shows?

Hey are there northern california car shows I should know about?
    Or is there anyone else here from nor-cal that would like to start an annual meet?

Administrator
    There are some regular monthly (or every 2 month) meets, and since the demise of Motoring J Style, not really any car shows.

Re: Northern California Car shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott
    Hey are there northern california car shows I should know about?
    Or is there anyone else here from nor-cal that would like to start an annual meet?
    There are a few small shows here & there but nothing like Motoring J. :cry: I'd be more than willing to help start or contribute my time.

Lmk.

OK, well where in the Nor-Cal area are we all at, Im in Oroville, so for me close is Paradise Chico Oroville, Yuba City, Marysville and Sacramento.
    Close to any one of these would be cool to do a big japanese nostalgic car meet. 8)

Nor-Cal Japanese Nostalgic Car Club?

in norcal theres a big difference between the sacremento area and the san francisco bay area especially in the car communitys. most people dont wana travel far for car events up here for the most part. thats the truth about it. theres alot of car stuff that goes on in the bay area just not much at all that is oldskool japanese car specific. theres a monthly oldskool meet at a starbucks in santa clara last thursday of every month. http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...pic.php?t=9478 Big events have happened here in the past carshow wise there has only been motoring j style that put a spotlight on oldskools and that only happened for 2 years. every once in awhile there will be a big meet where cars come from all over. one that we put together last year on treasure island in the summer http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...t=5112&start=0 and another one that happened in march though I wasnt able to attend cant find pics of it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ben
    since the demise of Motoring J Style, not really any car shows.
    Are we sure it died? :P

http://www.motoringjstyle.com/

oh its dead alright!!! :cry: I've been to the TI meet and the one earlier in the year at the recreational park in Pleasanton. Those are really cool to go to and i would no doubt be up to going to something like that again, but its just not the same as an actual show. I miss Motoring J where there was food, music, drifting, swap meet and super cool and rare old skool JDM. An official show just has a different feel to it.

Well why don't we make an official show?
    I bet that if enough of us want it, we can do it!

i'm sure if we can get enough interest, we could probably spark soemthing out of it.

for now, it's small gatherings here and there. very hard to get everyone together... especially all of the "warring" factions of old schoolers we got in Norcal.

as it stands, Socal has 2 very well established shows that seems to draw everyone together. (JCCS and Toyotafest) other notable ones include 7Stock and the Z Nationals both in Socal too.

i do know of the person behind Motoring J and he had a vision to create something up in Norcal that would bring cars from Socal up. our very own Norcal Import Classic Car event.

i mean a lot of us Norcal old schoolers bring (hardcore owners drive their cars! :wink: ) our rides to Socal.

it's about time we have our own event in Norcal that can draw old schoolers from Socal and beyond! :tu:

Indeed indeed,
    Personally, I would LOVE to drive down to the so-cal shows, but I dont have a job, so the closer the better.
    Perhaps if we start campaigning now, We can have our show next year.
    In fact, I say Im gonna give it a year, and in one years time, We ought to have set up a meeting, Be it official or underground, or we just park in a down town shopping center and have a few drinks and look at each others cars. Any which way, We should have a meet by next year