Thread: Nath's '76 LA

Nath's '76 LA

Hi all,

Started stripping the Lancer today for it to go in to the panel beaters to get resprayed. Hopefully it will be going to get sprayed in the next ouple of weeks.

I'm thinking of getting the holes for the side panels on the rear welded up to go for a clean look. Was wondering what others thought of that.

Here is a link to my welcome page for anyone who didn't see it before I started stripping it.
    http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...ic.php?t=10495

nice work man. If I had the room I would have liked to do a full restore on my 78 lancer. I probably wouldnt have turbo charged it either, but eh. I always wanted a la lancer, but we didnt get them stateside.

Thanks City Hunter.

As for not getting the LA's that true but you did get the earlier Dodge Colt aka Galant 16L hardtop which we didn't get but would love one myself.

yeah we did, but they are so damn rare it's retarded. Thats the colt I wanted since I first saw charlies. Beautiful cars. I could have sworn you guys got them?

No we (Australia) didn't get them, 4 doors and wagons only. I do remember seeing a 2 door at the local shopping centre back in 88/89. I thought it was the greatest looking thing. I wish I had one?
    As for the Lancer build Nath, keep it up mate, I'm looking forward to cruising with you when you're done :tu:

The Galant hardtop that we got here in Australia was what was called the GC/GD or New Galant in Japan, like my dad's one in the fore ground.

ah ok. Yeah I had a 74 galant hard top a while back. Cool cars. I know where a clena 75 1.6l hard top is right now for a pretty decent price but I dont have money nor room.

Can't wait to see her with fresh paint on!
    Keep us updated!

looking good!

I'll be finish stripping it this weekend then next weekend it'll be going to the panel shop.