Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hello 77 GF

hello 77 GF

hello all, i thought i would say hi since i am new to this site. i have been randomly searching the web for the last few years trying to find out some info on my 77 GF 1600. i donlt know if im missing something or what but it seems to be very hard. i enjoy driving it and people always ask what it is, are they rare in the U.S.? is there a good place to get parts? thanks for any help given.

cody

post 2

finally pulled it out of the garage

jumping it with my 71 f100

Wow, looks like its in great shape!

They are uncommon I'd have to say, not so much rare. Quite a few late 70's Subarus were built and sold in the US.

Yours is extremely nice though. Got any more photos?

Thanks
    I am the second owner an older lady that I lived by bought it new in 76 in boise and had it serviced there from then on. I have all records the tool kit and original spare tire. It has 98k on it. I'll be working on It this weekend ill get some better pics.

Awesome, can't wait!

BTW, these guys will be interested in seeing the car too:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/for ... y.php?f=32

Administrator
    First of all, welcome to JNC.

Secondly, I love your car! As said above, it looks to be in great shape. They were probably not rare before, but they are now, especially in that condition.

I'd like to see more photos as well, especially of the interior. :tu:

I would say that in the NW the 70's subarus are uncommon and the coupes are indeed rare. I would imagine that they are even more rare in the rest of the country except maybe california. Your best bet for parts is probably second hand off of the ultimate subaru forum.

Very nice car and welcome to the forum!

Looks to be a very nice coupe! I am in the process of restoring a 73' model and it is quite the task finding most non mechanical parts for these. Seems most of these have died a slow, rusty death. Keep her in good shape.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson
    I would say that in the NW the 70's subarus are uncommon and the coupes are indeed rare. I would imagine that they are even more rare in the rest of the country except maybe california. Your best bet for parts is probably second hand off of the ultimate subaru forum.
    Wagons and Brats are by far the most common of the 70's scoobs. And I think I've actcually seen less Sedans than Coupes/Hardtops over the years, both in RL and online.