Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's gold!

It's gold!

ok so its a 80s swb montero, anyhow post.

Snagged a cheap one today not running. 87 raider gold auto lsd and headlight squirters plsu bouncy seat .

Engine seems seized possibly do to rust from a cracked head or spun bearing. I'll probably pop the head off it tomorrow and see whats up. If worse comes to worse I have a turbo engine sitting around. I might run it na for a bit.
    before I decide to turbo. I didnt want a auto but this was the only decent deal around and I liked the color.

I'll probably 5 speed it with the trans I have, or get it running then sell it then buy a 5 speed as I dont really care for doing 5 speed swaps in mitsubishi's. Most likely I will just 5 speed this though.

First plan is to get it driving again.

I already have a sr air locker with weld on perches ready to swap in. I figure once its driving I will 5 speed it and hopefully sell off the auto stuff. A v6 front setup will come laterl with lsd for the time being until work picks back up in the fall at that point I will go for a aus locker up front. I'm giong to shoot for some older enkei 15inch with 33s. Oh and of course turbo swap.

Here are some crappy cl pics. Should have some ebtter pics up once I wash it and get hear cleaned up. It's been sitting since 2003.

I'm going to go pickup the rest of the 5 speed parts I dont have tomorrow at the jyard. My list so far since i already have a complete trans is as follows

-clutch pedal, brake pedal
    -master n slave + line
    -front driveshaft
    -rear driveshaft I assume the length is different from the 5 speed and I know the slide yoke is different
    -center console boot area

Anyone know if the auto crossmember n manual crossmember bolt into the same location?

Well I'll give you one thing, it is gold.

Nice buy too.

wow..my pajero's baby brother..here he is.."Gorio".. :lol:

awesome! Seems like gold is rare as heck. Probably about as common as gold starions.

Administrator
    Very cool. Love the SWB ones!

Since it already had a springy seat im gonna see if the one I bought fromt eh jyard will work on the passenger site for super dual springy seats!.

jyard is half off tomorrow so im going on a shopping spree =D

Gonna finish up some wiring on the lancer n probably pull it out of the garage for a few days and get to work on the montero bad mofo.

Picked up some enkei 15x10 wheels with 33 12.5 tires on them. A lil bigger than I wanted but the price was right and I wanted the enkei wheels.

Well, made soem progress today. I pulled the top end off, and as i thought 2 and 3 were rusted to hell. Not sure if the crank is seized up either, but im thinking it's just the rings rusted to the cylinder. All 4 cylinders are soaking in a lot of kroil, hopfully it will break free tomorrow.

I didnt give the head a good look but im assuming its cracked bad.

If the engine wont break lose tomorrow it's going out and im tossing in the turbo engine.

I'm not real happy with the wheels I picked up. They have a bit too much offset and stick out about 3 inches. I'll probably sell them and try to find some 10.5 wide tires with maybe a 8.5 wheel. I should be able to run these if I pull the plastic bumper ends off for now though. It's not very legal though. I do love how these old enkeis look on it ion the bright side.

I managed to move th tero out n put on the rear wheels and get it turned around and the garage reorganized a little in prep for the engine swap. Crappy iphone pics. I also snagged hte roof rack that came with my mitsu van that I had taken off and did a quick test fit. looks like she will fit nicely. Now I need to grab a rack top.

I havent updated this in awhile.

Turbo engine and 5 speed is in. Front drive shaft is in, most of the bottom end parts are in like alternator starter etc.. Carb harness is out, and turbo harness is rady to go in..

I mounted the clutch pedal the other day and plumbed the clutch line.

Right now I need a o ring for the oil filter squash plate, and to dig up a starion ps pump with remte mount resivoir. I've been holding off bolting th top end on until ig et all the lower end things finished. THe harness should be going in tomorrow hopefullym along wiuth the head and maybe fuel pump.

I'll post some pics when I figur eout what happened to the card reader.