Thread: 360 parts available?

360 parts available?

Okay, found an auction in a couple of weeks just packed with 360s...

Looking at the yellow one, not the coupe, it looks to be complete minus engine. There is one that appears to have a complete engine. I am guessing that one could buy both of the yellow ones and then swap the engine into the one missing the engine. How are the rest of the parts as far as finding them goes? Really thinking it would look cool in a flat color with steelies and a surf board hanging out the back...

There's always a ton of parts on Yahoo Japan, but if you want something more local, look up the Yahoo Groups forums for the Subaru 360 and various microcars...always a lot of action Stateside there.

The Subaru 360 Yahoo group is pretty much dead; the only real group out that is strictly for the 360 is the Subaru 360 Driver's Club. See this page to read about it.

Beyond sourcing parts from other group members, there's ebay and craigslist for occasional and random stuff.

Steve

Well, I did not go to the auction, just too many other projects. I figured that the cars were destined for the scrappers. Turns out, my buddy ran across the van being trailered home today. Turns out the new owner intends to restore it and bought two of the cars that had engines in them to help out. I am very happy that it did not go to the scrappers. Even funnier still that we stumbled across it being brought home.

I find it amazing how many 360's pop up in junkyards like this, yet FF-1s NEVER show up anywhere but maybe once a year...

I wonder how many FF1's were brought to the US? There were 5-6000 360s (in total, all models) brought over. Maybe the FF1's got driven more than the 360s and "died of old age". Lots of the remaining 360s have under 20k miles on them today. I suppose folks "played" with them for a year or two then stuffed them in the barn...

Glad to hear those auctioned 360s will live again - some of them at least.

I just read there were over 10,000 360's, but a lot went unsold after that consumers reports article came out calling them "unsafe" (which is probably why so many ended up sitting around all this time).

I saw some vague production numbers for the FF-1 once upon a time, but it was only from 70-72 that it was sold here so probably 10,000 or so.