Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage skylines in the US

Vintage skylines in the US

Im a huge fan of any type of OLD car but my obsession is older skylines. So I was curious to know how many vintage skylines there are here in the states. After doing a bit of research I was able to locate this list.

Iíve removed the names of the owners from the original list just keep them anonymous.

Blue '72 KGC10 - L.A.
    Red '71 KGC10 - L.A.
    White '72 KGC10 - San Francisco
    White '72 KGC10 - Seattle
    White '74 KGC110 - From L.A to Denver
    Silver '77 KGC110 - L.A.
    Silver '72 KGC10 - Bakersfield
    White '72 KGC10 - L.A.
    Black (was white) '71 KGC10 - Florida
    Silver '71 GC10 - Texas
    Silver '71 GC10 - Central Ca.
    Silver '72 GC10 - San Francisco
    Silver '71 KGC10 Ė Phoenix

I know there were some cars brought in by Right Hand Drive Japan and Jdm Legends. But those are not listed above as this list was made year(s) before those cars were brought in. I also know of a few cars in personal collections but I wonít add those to the list just in case the owners donít want them to be known.

If you know of any others or want to add the names of the owners please feel free to add them.

There's also a white 2dr and a dark grey 4dr here in Texas. :tu:

Not sure how vintage you want to go, but.....

There were 600 1st generation Prince Skyline sedans imported new into the US in 1960, to US spec, eg left hand drive etc. Not too sure how many would exist now, but do have a pic of a rescued car.

Interesting facts. Is there anywhere I can read more about this? I wonder if any still exist?

Nice.

Sell me the Plymouth.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBonds
    Nice.

Sell me the Plymouth.
    Its not a Plymouth, its a Prince Skyline made by Prince Motors in Japan. The particular car in the pic is from 1960, and is one of the 1st generation Skylines. Prince Motors merged with Nissan in August 1966, with Nissan carrying on the Prince models badged as Nissans, most notably the Skyline and Gloria name.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal510
    Interesting facts. Is there anywhere I can read more about this? I wonder if any still exist?
    Not sure where you would find anymore info on the ones imported to the US. A friend sent me the pics as I have a 1962 1st generation Skyline too.

There are two cars in that picture.

If you know the owner of the Prince/ Nissan pictured, ask him about the other car for me.

Please and thank you.

I know someone in the Denver metro area who owns a Prince just like that, color and all. His friend owns a 1938 Bantam woody that is something like one of three left in the world. The Military unit formerly known as the Jeep was the brainchild of the company Bantam.

The Military unit formerly known as the Jeep was the brainchild of the company Bantam.
    Actually Bantam won the competition but because the US Army doubted Bantam's production capacity the actual building of the Jeep was farmed out to Willys and [surprise] Ford. The Willys Jeep had rectangular crossmembers, the Fords had tubular cross members.

Bantam was struggling left and right with the production on that machine and did eventually lose the contracting to Ford.

The first one was accidentally destroyed durring field testing and they had to salvage what they could to start again from scratch! Really cool company, though.

I have personally seen one 1970 Nissan Skyline in the united states. I was under the impression that exporting them was frowned upon, making it difficult. That's what my friend's wife told me. Her father is an engineer at Nissan JP.

There were two here in Napa a couple years back. One was a 4 door, the other a 2 door. Both had L20As. The 2 door was a GTR clone, cool car. It totally blew my mind when I saw them arrive. I was out for a bike ride, saw the car carrier and gave chase. There was a 510 SSS coupe, the 2 skylines and 710 (I think) The truck stopped in front of a house and all I could do was watch. I got to go for a ride in the 4 door, it was odd riding as passenger in the left seat.

Will