Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: '88 mx73 build

'88 mx73 build

Been a reader of the printed mag since it came out. I was driving a '71 datsun pl521 when I fisrt started reading the mag, but I sold that, and just recently picked up a cressida, so I figured I'd make an intro post and show some pics of the x7 I just got . I know it's not really a nostalgic car yet, but give it time, lol.

I finally picked up an x73 last wednesday, along with a turbo mk3 supra. Traded a stock s13 coupe with an rb20 for both cars. I'll pick the supra clean, and drive this until my ka-t coupe gets running, lol. Then I'll be dropping the 7mgte into this. Can't wait to start blowing headgaskets!! The car itself is super clean and straight, but the seats are kinda shit. The rest of the interior is good though, so I can put up with it for now...

Anyway, factory 5spd/lsd so that's a plus! Here's some pics...

Picked these up a while back for $100 off a t-bird. Did alot of polishing on them and they look okay. Trying to get some better offsets, but they'll do for now. 16x8 +10, meh. Was thinking of painting them, but the black actually looks pretty good on the car .

and here's some dirty pics I took the other day after chopping the springs and putting my wheels on. Car looks pretty sick . Just sitting on cut springs now, but I've got my suspension techniques supra springs and some agx's for it. The end height should be about the same, if not I'll cut the new springs to bring it down more, lol. Love the ride height, might just want a tad higher in the rear, but not much.

Also in my possession but not on the car yet are a nardi woodgrain wheel I scored for free from a friend, and luxis diamond acryllic shift knob. I'm a sucker for bubble shifters, so sue me, lol.

welcome to you and your cressy!

simply looovvve the avatar
    -Matt

Administrator
    Damn, that looks hot. The X70 Cressida is one of the few cars where I can't definitively say the wagon is better looking. If I didn't need it to haul our booth around to car shows it'd be a tough decision for me!

Welcome to JNC

that cressy is sick! i love it man.

Thanks for the compliments! I like the wagons alot too, but this was what was available. I pretty much like them both equal, but I hate the taillights on the x7 wagon, the sedans are just sex from every angle .

I'll post up some more pics when I get some more done. I've got a 7mgte that will be going in here soon, but I want to try and get my s13 running before I get going on this thing. Hopefully that's done before the end of next month though, so updates should be coming soon on this thing!

Looks great! Love the nega-tivo camber on the back! I'm a sucker for bubble shift knobs too!

Damn, makes me want to do more work on my MX73 Cressy.

Very aggresive! How many coils did you chop?

Not sure on the front, I know there are 2.5 left, lol. The rear I chopped 3 full coils, which was way too much, but it looks good atleast, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by shane_lxi
    Not sure on the front, I know there are 2.5 left, lol. The rear I chopped 3 full coils, which was way too much, but it looks good atleast, lol.

Yikes! That means you have about 2 inches of spring left in the front! Looks ridiculously good though!