Thread: I "get" buyers who flake but sellers!?!

I "get" buyers who flake but sellers!?!

I'm not condoning buyers who flake but I can 'understand' that more than a seller flaking.

Three hours is a long way to drive for rims but my cars are really my only vices. I've been talking to this guy for a couple of weeks. Here's a sample of the conversations:

seller: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:20 AM:
    "Email or text (XXX-XXX-XXXX), and if you can get them before saturday it's still $100."

me: Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:13 AM:
    "Friday afternoon/early evening work for you? thanks, Dwayne"

seller: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:46 PM
    "Actually... crap, I have to go to Wisconsin for my grandfathers funeral, I'll be back on sunday tho."

me: Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:48 PM:
    "Kris, I ain't a cheapskate. $125 will work for me if you will hold them until next weekend. Handle your family business and let me know if we got a deal. Condolences for your loss. thanks, Dwayne"

seller: Saturday, May 22, 2010 12:04 AM:
    "Can you meet sometime in the week? I can wait till the weekend, just looking for other opportunities.

I will be getting back sunday afternoon."

Midnight before his Grandfather's funeral and he's handling his Craigslist business?

I dunno......

Craigslist = Flakeslist

Administrator
    Sometimes sellers flake if they get a lot of requests. "If someone else wants it, then maybe I should too!"

Quote Originally Posted by ben
    Sometimes sellers flake if they get a lot of requests. "If someone else wants it, then maybe I should too!"
    I think this is what happens sometimes, but not always. I've had a LOOOOOT of sellers flake on me. The '86 Z28 I bought for parts took an eternity for the seller to actually get back to me, I had to hound his phone for three weeks until one day he answered and told me he hadn't received any other phone calls. :?

I also know of a local '70s Suzuki 4x4 hiding in a friend's sister's ex-husband's garage, been parked there since the mid '80s and buried in shit. Once a year the guy gets interested in making it go away, but as soon as anyone shows interest, he clams up and decides to keep it. :roll: He almost donated it to auction twice already until someone else offered him money. WTF. He doesn't want it if it has no value, but if someone else wants it, he does.

I finally scored my set (from a different seller). I had great communication with the guy until I was about two blocks from his house and about two hours from mine.

I really thought the guy had flaked on me but he finally answered my message and talked me into his driveway.

When I got to his place he smiled and said, "I'm sorry. I got to working on my car and just lost track of time".........been there/done that :wink: .