Thread: Turn Z at Sonoma Historic Motorsports Festival June 6th

Turn Z at Sonoma Historic Motorsports Festival June 6th

The links are now fixed on the Motoring J Style page and the ticket link takes you to a Ticketmaster page where you can purchase tickets. The earlier problem was from a placeholder being used while the ticket page was created. It was merely an accident. I have double checked all the links now and they work great.

This is going to be a great event to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Z car. All Japanese car enthusiasts and their cars are welcomed. We will have our own paddock space (paved) in the run-off area of Turn 7.

http://www.infineonraceway.com/historics

or

http://www.motoringjstyle.com

or

http://www.zonc.org

This is a fantastic race weekend, every bit as good as going to the Monterey Historics. It doesn't matter what type of vintage Japanese car you bring, all are more than welcome.

The races are really good, and there are lots of good places to watch. I know there were lots of people who were bummed out when Motoring J Style went away, this is the perfect opportunity to show our enthusiasm for our cars to a group of people who normally wouldn't be exposed to them.

Please, if you own some J-tin, bring it out and enjoy the day. If this turns out well, it could lead to something bigger and better.

Will

I wanted to share a message I received from Mr. K sending his best wishes for the event this Sunday. I promised him some pictures of the event. I hope we have a good showing so I can send him some great shots of us celebrating the fruits of his hard work.

Dear Dan:
    I am very sorry while I was typing my mail to you, by miss touch, the mail unfinished.

I thank you for your kind response and I could grab all the idea what you are planing and it seems
    such a big way the festival is !!!
    I send my congratulations to you and to your club members!!
    I hope the festival will be sure successful!!
    I thank you for your invitation and I wish I could come to see the successful festival but sorry to say
    I have doctor stop because of my age, not because of my health at present but for long time flight, so
    I miss all the other invitations from the USA Z events.
    I will send my very recent photo taken the day before yesterday by my friend to you in my place.
    Best regards,
    Y.K.

pictures please anyone?

I had an amazing time this weekend. I'll try post pics tomorrow.

I'll get some pics up soon as well. It was as great weekend with a good showing of vintage Japanese cars. This was a start, and hopefully next year it will be bigger and better. Thanks to all who made it out. I hope you enjoyed the day.

Will

You asked for pictures? Here you go. I was late to the gathering (was racing my own car 2 hours south in the morning). The sun was not in the best spot for good shots.

The last few shots were taken from the passenger seat of a friends '68 Datsun 1600 roadster. The white roadster that was following us is a pristine example of a very rare '67.5 2000 (DATZOOM's car).

Sorry about the under exposed pics, I haven't had a chance to go back and retouch some of them.

Enjoy,
    Will

Administrator
    very nice! thanks for sharing.