Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1969 Toyota Crown

1969 Toyota Crown

well i got it! i jumped on a greyhound friday night at 11:40 and took it to daytona beach to pick it up and drive back. the trip didnt go quite as planned but i made it. i arrived at 11 am and jumped in the car. it was suggested that i get new tires, but i tend to ignore resonable advice. first misstep was a tire blowout at 70 mph. i changed it and went to a wal-mart up the road and bought new tires. wal-mart being the effeciate monopoly it is, i was back on the road 3 hours later! so it's getting dark and the exhaust is driving me crazy. the PO put a brand new exhaust system on it, but somehow managed to blow a huge hole in the muffler with an carb/ether experiment. well it started cutting out at the top end and the battery decided to crap out on me everytime i stopped. it took nearly 2 hours to jump/kick start at one gas station. so i stayed the night in macon and tried it again the next day. well i knew i had AAA and they would tow me 100 miles so when i saw a sign that said "Atlanta 85 miles" i called and got towed the rest of the way. i got it dropped off at oreilly's near my house where John works.{zerogarage} he throws on a new fuel pump and fixed my little problem and she is in my driveway. fun trip seeing that the backfires where deafening and the brakes took a whole exit ramp to stop this monster. i can't wait to start working on this thing, i am even considering sellling my datsuns to fund the project. these pictures are from the PO, since my camara is busted. overall for a extremly rare car it is in good shape, a few dings, some hail damage and a few rusty spots, but straight body. grat engine, brand new carbthat i bought, po installed for me. he was really cool, holding the car for me and picking me up at the greyhound and all. i am the 3rd owner, but the second never really drove it. it is a north dakata car, equipped with a block heater. 50000 original miles, lots of cool paperwork, and a mint condition toyota tool/jack set complete the package. plus cool fuzzy dice on the mirror.

Administrator
    This was the on in Florida, right? Good job on the rescue and glad you made it home safe. I would hate that color on a modern car, but on this baby I absolutely love it!

I hope you didn't have to use that mind condition tool kit during the blowout!

What are your plans for it?

i love/hate the color also! i did use the tool kit, but only the cool bumper jack. it's not mint, just the tools. the PO acually used the wenches for the first time to install the carb i sent him. cant really tell, but i wish he hadn't!
    plans are everywhere at this point. i like cars to be original, but i also like fast, black cars! hard to say. i have some cheap wheels in mind for this weekend. but just wheels alone are is going to be a hard decision. it needs some rust repair, so i have to decide on keeping the color or not when that is done. interior stays the stock for sure, except new carpet. the clock, dash lights, and cig lighters dont work, but i haven't even checked the fuses yet. i really want that clock to work.

Looks minty fresh. congratulations on your acquisition and good luck on you project. Keep us posted.

Wasn't this car on craigslist for about $650 or BO..... or something like that, not too long ago?

Anyways, nice job on rescuing another old school Japanese classic from the evil clutches of the Chinese scrap mongers. :wink:

You, lucky mofo.. AND it's a manual. Wish my Cressida was.

it was on craigs, and ebay. i dont know why none of you guys got it before me! i paid 800! but he did a lot of work on it for me like flushing the fluids and installing a new carb i sent him. he even checked the timing and many other things. plus he let me use his tag to get out of florida. appartly they are a lot more strict than GA.

Fantastic.....i love these 8)

Very nice! I saw that and if it were closer, I would have picked it up to match mine! NICE COLOR!

nice man! did you re-paint or is that original? what motor is that?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBucket
    it was on craigs, and ebay. i dont know why none of you guys got it before me! i paid 800! but he did a lot of work on it for me like flushing the fluids and installing a new carb i sent him. he even checked the timing and many other things. plus he let me use his tag to get out of florida. appartly they are a lot more strict than GA.
    Now that is a dream seller!