Thread: HUGE lot of old-school Subaru parts just poped up for sale..

HUGE lot of old-school Subaru parts just poped up for sale..

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/1727784913.html

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyone want to do a group bid? Seriously... I'd plop down a couple grand if we can get a few more people!

There are SOOOO many things in there I could probably use...

This looks to be the same guy who has been trying to off this stuff on eBay for quite a while for like 7K. Now he puts it on CL and wants 9K? :lol: As is the case with most Japanese cars, especially it seems with Subaru, people are not willing to pay enough for Subaru stuff to justify the asking price, especially when it looks like half the lot is condensers and valves. It may be worth it for a couple grand to drive down there in a uhaul and cherry pick the stuff that actually has a chance to sell (or be used), but having emailed the seller before, it does not seem they want to break it up. There just is not a large enough market for pre 80 Subaru parts that would make this a worthwhile endeavor at that price point. I would however be interested in a "partnership" if a much more favorable price could be negotiated. :tu:

Mark

The problem is its 3 shipping containers!!! Jesus...

But ya, I could see spending a week there sorting through everything. But most of the stuff looks like the generic valves/disty rotors/etc. you see on ebay...

HOWEVER, there are those motors, heads, axles, trans cases, steering wheels, etc. that are worth while.

And its on the wrong side of the country too... :|

Quote Originally Posted by Datsunrides
    This looks to be the same guy who has been trying to off this stuff on eBay for quite a while for like 7K. Now he puts it on CL and wants 9K? :lol: As is the case with most Japanese cars, especially it seems with Subaru, people are not willing to pay enough for Subaru stuff to justify the asking price, especially when it looks like half the lot is condensers and valves. It may be worth it for a couple grand to drive down there in a uhaul and cherry pick the stuff that actually has a chance to sell (or be used), but having emailed the seller before, it does not seem they want to break it up. There just is not a large enough market for pre 80 Subaru parts that would make this a worthwhile endeavor at that price point. I would however be interested in a "partnership" if a much more favorable price could be negotiated. :tu:

Mark
    I found that also, today. Not much for mid 80s... and why the trannies in photo look RWD only ?

Those aren't Subaru transmissions.

yeah I saw a few non subaru parts in those pics but he has my taillights!!! and also subaru tools too!

Administrator
    SoA should pick this up. Not too far from their HQ.

where do you think it came from lol, I have heard over the last few years that they were dumping alot of things out from that era

If you knew anything about the parts policies of car companies it would make you cry...

Old "obsolete" service/parts manuals just get dumped all the time (thats how I got mine)

Most companies have a return/destroy policy where instead of returning ALL the parts that the company wants back from the dealer, they just say to destroy them.

Lots of companies have training facilities around the country who also dump parts out they use from training.

And of course, corporate HQ's and corporate warehouses dump stuff all the time too...

Its just sad. The Japanese method of "only build what gets ordered" makes so much more sense.

Dag!, I just logged on to post this find, and its old news already!