Thread: Hello, New to forum and Oldschool Toyotas

Hello, New to forum and Oldschool Toyotas

Hello,

I recently purchased a 1973 Toyota Corolla SR5, and a 1974 Toyota Corolla 2 Door Wagon. I subscribed to this forum for two reasons; one being that I like to talk to other enthusiasts, and two being that I will probably need advice and know-how when I begin working on the cars. I am currently serving in Afghanistan, and cant wait to get back to playing with these awesome cars.

Thanks for the great forum.

Administrator
    Welcome to JNC! Post some pics in the Toyota Garage if you have them, we would love to see your cars. Stay safe out there sir!

Those are nice little cars. Try to steer clear of the winter road salt.

I'm trying to score a 77 or 78 rolla myself, that my uncle abandoned to be parted out. Need to find him and get him to sign the title before I do any work on it and welcome it in my garage.

I travel sometimes to W. Edmonton every now and again too. Perhaps, we'll have to schedule a meet while I'm up there visiting sometime. I'll pm you if I have another trip planned.

Welcome. God Bless & stay safe.

Thank you, this seems to be an excellent forum. The only photos of the cars have already been posted, but they are not the best. Once I get back from Afghanistan, I will be doing some mods and taking lots of pictures.

A meet up would be superb, I always like making new friends with other enthusiasts. The Saturday night car scene is pretty good in the city, there are always nice cars cruising Whyte Ave. Usually the cars end up in a well lighted parking lot for an unofficial car show.

Yeah, I was checking out the parking garage meets on youtube. Seems like fun. My bro-in-law just scored a 93 RHD RX-7 up there. He's not too active with meets or forums but I'm sure I can get him out of the house. I'd like to see if Edmonton has a old school scene too. Might shed light talking with others to learn more about the history of my car or other models not available in the US.

I cant say too much about the Oldschool Import scene in Edmonton. Up until now I have been a American Muscle guy, my last car was a 1965 Chevrolet Biscayne. Most Imports that I have seen have been of the newer variety. I have seen the occasional older Datsun, but like I said, I'm new to the Imports. I am currently looking for a older Import club, or a old Toyota club in Edmonton, but all I can find are the clubs for newer cars.

Hmm. Not a whole lot of Old School JDM'rs in Edmonton. I can only say that I've been there only once, but I'll ask around. Maybe you can get one going haha. If I find someone with an old school car or knowledge of older Toyota's, I'll let you know.

Yeah, that sounds good. Just PM me with any news.