Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Wheel ID Help.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    7

    Wheel ID Help.

    Hey I'm new here and am in need of some help. I have been trying to track down the name of these wheels for I don't know how long. I recently was recommended to try here for help so here I am. Anyways here are the wheels I need help Identifying:

    I know there is a prime center cap but, I think there Enkei of some kind.





    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Administrator john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arlington, TX, USA
    Posts
    5,530
    They look like Appliance wheels to me? Owned 3 sets just like that and all were Appliance.

    Of course almost all of the Appliance wheels seem to be replicas of something else, so... :P

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by datsunfreak
    They look like Appliance wheels to me? Owned 3 sets just like that and all were Appliance.

    Of course almost all of the Appliance wheels seem to be replicas of something else, so... :P
    Hmm. Idk.

    Someone on another forum has had a set like these and said they where 14x6 0-offset

    Someone else said they where from 1978 and came on some Z cars.

    Idk. maybe someone will know the name of them.

  4. #4
    Administrator john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arlington, TX, USA
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by ariascarlos1990
    Someone on another forum has had a set like these and said they where 14x6 0-offset
    FWIW, the Appliances came in the usual '70s sizes, 13x5.5, 13x7, and 14x5.5. They came in several offsets and bolt patterns, as well as some "unilug" versions.

    Quote Originally Posted by ariascarlos1990
    Someone else said they where from 1978 and came on some Z cars.
    If he meant "came from the factory on a Z", no chance of that. All USDM S30's came with steel wheels and hubcaps off the boat from Yokohama. It wasn't uncommon for dealers to swap on different wheels though. :tu:

    I stand by my "Appliance" comment. :P

    So here's where someone comes in to prove me wrong... :lol:

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    7
    Anyone else have any input on these?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    4

    re

    I have some unique wheels i need an ID on also. this is a great resource for people to have. thanks!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    7

    Re: re

    Quote Originally Posted by mrshifter
    this is a great resource for people to have. thanks!
    Indeed it is!

    Bump. Does anyone have a clue on what these really are?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    7
    Bump...?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    156
    Do you physically have the wheels? Why not just take one off and check the casting for any stamps or manufacturers markings. Even if you can find a manufacturer it would make the process of finding the model a fraction easier. If they have no stampings, chances are they're knock-offs of something else.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by kyteler
    Do you physically have the wheels? Why not just take one off and check the casting for any stamps or manufacturers markings. Even if you can find a manufacturer it would make the process of finding the model a fraction easier. If they have no stampings, chances are they're knock-offs of something else.

    I don't have the wheels I'm thinking of buying them if there not knock offs that this.

Similar Threads

  1. SSR Wheel ID
    By JDMPhobia in forum Resto Tips, Wheels & Other Goodies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 04:06 PM
  2. Wheel ID
    By 73te27 in forum Resto Tips, Wheels & Other Goodies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 05:41 AM
  3. can you name this wheel ???
    By Doc in forum Resto Tips, Wheels & Other Goodies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 08:57 PM
  4. CSI JDM wheel center cover for 5 spoke wheel
    By bionichicken in forum Wheels Swap Meet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 01:41 PM
  5. Wheel ID Please...
    By retrokid in forum Resto Tips, Wheels & Other Goodies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 07:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •