Poll: Is the 370z a success?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Okay, your opinion...

Okay, your opinion...

Since I work at Nissan and got the chance to be able to see the new 370z up close in person... what is your opinion about the car?

Did they improve the 350z? Or do you feel like Nissan is just full of fail?

I'm just curious about how the nostalgic Nissan guys feel about the car.[/list]

looks ugly.... should of made it look like the 240z... 350z was ugly as well

but thats just my opinion

you should probably rephrase the question since success is usually judged by how many many units were sold plus factors like reliability, etc.

from a jnc enthusiast point of view, it does seem a bit more appealing as it hearkens back to the 240z

however, all of these new nissans (or any other new car for that matter) are dreadful to drive, so it's a moot point
    -Matt

I dont care about the Z shot me some good info on the cube and release dates.

Re: Okay, your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by DegreE
    Since I work at Nissan and got the chance to be able to see the new 370z up close in person...
    Then tell them to get cracking on a new 510... :P

what is your opinion about the car?
    I liked the 350Z a lot, especially with some staggered 18 or 19 inch wheels on it. The new 370Z is big step down, in my opinion. The look is very odd, looking very much like they threw a bunch of styling cues at it with little regard for how they work together. I really dislike the rear side window treatments, they seem out of proportion and shaped all wrong. The headlights are also oddly shaped and don't fit in well with the car. It may eventually grow on me, but I doubt it.

The new G37, to me, works much better. The G went up in styling, while the Z went down.

As with any car, nothing looks good stock. I'll need to see a modified Z to make a fair judgment. :P

^ I agree ^

I personally liked the 350Z especially the later VQ35HR version... the 370Z is a little weird looking to me... I don't like the rear at all. To me it will probably sit on the shelf of "red-headed step-child" a lot like the Z31. To me it's unfair to compare these newer cars to the classics... I appreciate the classic Z's for their nostalgic/simple technology, heritage and vintage looks. The newer Z's (Z32, Z33, etc) for their technological features and modern looks. Is it really so hard to like both?

I don't mind it...the best thing about it in my eyes is the roof line and longer hood. I never did care for the 350z's profile as it looked a little too much like an Audi TT to me, but as they say, opinions are like....

Administrator
    Well it's lighter and smaller than the 350Z, so that's a plus!

I didn't like the 370Z at all in the photos Nissan first released. When I saw it in person, my mind was changed. Yeah, nothing can beat the classic Zs in terms of styling, but I think the 370Z turned out pretty well considering the limitations of modern cars - safety, expected amenities, platform shared with Infiniti G/FX.

You can see it side by side with a 240Z here.
    http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/20 ... ssan-370z/

Re: Okay, your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by datsunfreak
    Quote Originally Posted by DegreE
    Since I work at Nissan and got the chance to be able to see the new 370z up close in person...
    Then tell them to get cracking on a new 510... :P
    I wish. lol If it were that easy, I would have told them to make the Altima Coupe rwd. And rename it a 250sx. (QR25DE)

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuX
    I dont care about the Z shot me some good info on the cube and release dates.

All I know so far is that we're getting our first one in early-mid Spring 2009.