Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SA, Australia] ALL JAPAN DAY 2009 - April 26th

[SA, Australia] ALL JAPAN DAY 2009 - April 26th

The time is nearly upon us for Australia's Premier All-Japanese Classic and Import Show.

You, the minions of movable motoring memorabilia, can help us make it bigger and better this year by bringing your daily driven,
    madly ridden and garage hidden imports and classics out of the shed, off the driveway and off the racetrack and register them at....

http://www.alljapanday.com.au

Also, this year we're supporting the Animal Welfare League of South Australia who "strive to provide
    animal protection and help care for thousands of lost and abandoned Companion Animals."

There will be a collection tin hunting your change down on the day, so be prepared and bring plenty to spare.

As our neighbours across the Tasman sea might say it, "Plestic is funtestic, but rust is bust."

Adelaide - the unoffical home of 60's Colts
    Last years was a good event so looking forward to this years

Yeah I agree, I just sent in an application now.

I wonder if that C10 Skyline Sedan up for sale will be there :mrgreen:

Not the tidiest example I've seen...

If anyone wants to come from interstate, let us know and we can help arrange accommodation for you.

no wonder it was only around 16,000 from memory looked clean in the photos.... though im guessing it has some rust problems like most other hako's :P

Administrator
    Nationals are 2 weeks before that in QLD. hmmm.... come home, dump it all give it a clean and head over?

I may take the roadster for a splat - will see how she comes up. I know of plenty of people who have gone and said this is an excellent day....

Am i correct you can just roll up on the day- no need to pre-enter?

cheers,
    A 320 ute, 2 roadsters, 2 1200's ...... & a Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Baby Go
    Not entirely, We'd be mighty peeved if a local did it.. but we're very accommodating to interstate guests (or super special/rare entrants), considering the planning involved.

If you could give some head's up that would be nice.

In fact, you could just apply (so we have you in the system) and leave a note saying that you'll give us a firm yes or no closer to the date.

Sound ok?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cush
    Not entirely, We'd be mighty peeved if a local did it.. but we're very accommodating to interstate guests (or super special/rare entrants), considering the planning involved.

In fact, you could just apply (so we have you in the system) and leave a note saying that you'll give us a firm yes or no closer to the date.

Sound ok?
    No worries- just it doesn't mention to pre-register on your website.
    I'm anything but rare or super special :lol: , so will make sure I work out what I am doing in the next week or so and let you guys know!
    A 320 ute, 2 roadsters, 2 1200's ...... & a Prince.

Sound ok?
    Hey Cush, just a thought, trust me I know the work involved in the days, I'm heavily involved with the Classic Japanese show and shine up here.

Please don't discard those crazy fella's that turn up at the gate on the day, even locals! The number of guys that were driving by and came in and then entered got us well over the 200 car mark last year. I forgot myself darn it and payed on the day! The amount of guys that's that simply forgot to enter, but still made the effort to show and then offered to help was scary - we had 40 odd people helping by 5.30 in the morning!! We ran out of space and they were still happy to pay and park it in the outer car park.

I'm known for doing crazy things, might even look at putting the B1500 on the trailer and making the trip, it's only three states!!

No worries- just it doesn't mention to pre-register on your website.
    I'm anything but rare or super special :lol: , so will make sure I work out what I am doing in the next week or so and let you guys know!

Quote Originally Posted by B1500boy

Sound ok?
    Hey Cush, just a thought, trust me I know the work involved in the days, I'm heavily involved with the Classic Japanese show and shine up here.

Please don't discard those crazy fella's that turn up at the gate on the day, even locals! The number of guys that were driving by and came in and then entered got us well over the 200 car mark last year. I forgot myself darn it and payed on the day! The amount of guys that's that simply forgot to enter, but still made the effort to show and then offered to help was scary - we had 40 odd people helping by 5.30 in the morning!! We ran out of space and they were still happy to pay and park it in the outer car park.

I'm known for doing crazy things, might even look at putting the B1500 on the trailer and making the trip, it's only three states!!
    haha... buy my usage of the term "mighty peeved" i think you can see just how toothless this tiger is. And I do understand your point.

However, since the event IS of an invitational nature (the committee screens entrants for approval), having any old Captain Blingo and his chrome carnivale rocking up on the day is either going to be a) disappointing and b) potentially embarrassing. For both parties.

If we have some idea of the vehicle beforehand it can allow a later decision.

It helps us retain not only the quality of the show, but some sanity aswell