Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam's 1988 Mazda RX7

Cam's 1988 Mazda RX7

I just picked this up today, it's a 1988 Mazda RX7 SE from Marco Island, Florida. She's got a five-speed, air conditioning, and a sunroof. Perfect summer cruiser! Being extra clean with 66,086 miles helps, too. I only have this one picture now; I'll be sure to take more tomorrow!

Nice purchase!! Looks very clean and tidy. S4 13B NA.....perfect for a bridgeport :lol:
    Keep the pics coming.

Most of today consisted of a mahoosive rainstorm, so I didn't get to take any pictures, but tomorrow will bring much sunshine and a chance to wash, claybar, buff, seal and wax my new baby's finish. I haven't picked out a name for her yet, but I have taken to calling her "cocaine" intermittently, since she's from South Florida, pure white, and quite addictive. :P This morning, I took her for emissions testing, which she passed with flying colours. While at the shop I called up the local auto parts store and had them set aside some stuff for me. After work, I went home and met my friend Matt, who showed up riding his JNM (I'll post pics later, when it's sunny). We changed the oil and topped off the power steering fluid. All the other fluids look good, but tomorrow I'm taking it up to the Lube Stop (where Matt works) for a swap to full synthetic in the gearbox and rearend. :tu:

More rain today...it seems this happens every time I buy a car. I brought my work home with me, so to speak...I loaded the back of the RX7 with a full arsenal of detailing supplies, and hopefully the weather will be nice enough to do a full detail tomorrow. I'll be sure to take pictures every step of the way and post up a tutorial for you guys.

This morning I stopped by my friend's Lube Stop and had him swap the tranny fluid and diff over to full synthetic. Good thing, too, since apparently the PO topped the gearbox off with ATF :shock: and there was water in the differential fluid.

My favourite nephew's staying with me this evening; his parents are giving him an '08 Mazda 3 when he gets his license next month. After a ride in Uncle Cam's hot rod, he was hooked...should I let him drive it? At the very least, I'll have to teach him how to autocross this summer. We'll be a Mazda racing team, hahaha.

See you tomorrow! :tu:

Absolutely beautiful!

I hope to find a clean FC RX7 some day after I finish my Supra.

Quote Originally Posted by DegreE
    Absolutely beautiful!

I hope to find a clean FC RX7 some day after I finish my Supra.
    Thanks! Just wait until I polish it, haha. I actually looked at an '89 Supra Turbo Targa, sadly it wasn't nearly as clean as yours!

Quote Originally Posted by jdmrx2
    perfect for a bridgeport
    what he said.

Whats the plan for it? Slide slut? Hard parker? Remove all the emissions bull shite and find some rims, then slam it on its guts!

It's a daily. The plan is to re-do the interior in black, slam it on a set of Gram Lights, add the JDM front bumper, spoiler, & taillights, install a turbo, and go sliding. :tu:

Highlighter colored wheels are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Camshaft
    This morning I stopped by my friend's Lube Stop and had him swap the tranny fluid and diff over to full synthetic. Good thing, too, since apparently the PO topped the gearbox off with ATF :shock:
    Nothing wrong with some ATF in a 5spd. I normally run half 90w gear oil and half ATF in my Datsun 5spds. Seems to quieten them down and make them shift a little smoother, especially when it's cold out. :tu:

his parents are giving him an '08 Mazda 3 when he gets his license next month. Should I let him drive it?
    No. Based on the first sentence, he doesn't deserve it. :P