Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: '74 Plymouth Cricket

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Newfoundland,Canada
    Posts
    33

    '74 Plymouth Cricket

    Sometimes good things happen to those who wait long enough.......

    http://www.nlclassifieds.com/classified ... les/382292

    Only 3 KM's from my workplace....

    I haven't got an answer on the phone yet,but I've been to look at the car already.Its rough,but everything seems to be there.

    Could this be the beginning......?

  2. #2
    Administrator JNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    1,644
    that's certainly a piece of history ... canadian spec with unique grill and tail lights




    -Matt

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Newfoundland,Canada
    Posts
    33
    Thats gonna be a real shame when I do this to it then......



    If I can get it,I'll be building it for Targa Newfoundland......

  4. #4
    Administrator JNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by paulneartarga
    Thats gonna be a real shame when I do this to it then......
    no, a real shame would be if you crash it on it's first race :wink:
    -Matt

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    scappoose, or
    Posts
    754
    lol, is that gonna be your beast? :lol: Nice find.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Newfoundland,Canada
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by burabuda
    no, a real shame would be if you crash it on it's first race :wink:
    What are the odds of that happening twice? :lol:

    Only j/k'ing.I backed my car in the ditch in Targa '09,but it was a "soft off"

    I'm hoping to make it mine....its a very very rare find around here,but it would look perfect in my driveway done up for historic rally.

  7. #7
    Administrator JNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by paulneartarga
    Quote Originally Posted by burabuda
    no, a real shame would be if you crash it on it's first race :wink:
    What are the odds of that happening twice? :lol:

    Only j/k'ing.I backed my car in the ditch in Targa '09,but it was a "soft off"

    I'm hoping to make it mine....its a very very rare find around here,but it would look perfect in my driveway done up for historic rally.
    haha, we'd like to see you in the j-tin raced in anger thread, so if you do go out with a BANG, be sure to have a friend take pics :mrgreen:
    -Matt

  8. #8
    Guest
    When I first saw the title, I thought it was a US model Cricket (I believe that was British built). I did not know the US Colt was called a Cricket in Canada. Nothing like confusion. :?

    Mark

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Newfoundland,Canada
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    haha, we'd like to see you in the j-tin raced in anger thread, so if you do go out with a BANG, be sure to have a friend take pics :mrgreen:
    There's a thread for raced in anger?

    When ever you go off.....there is always someone there taking pics..... :roll:

    From what I have read so far,looks like here in Canada we had the Plymouth Cricket and the Dodge Colt starting in 1974.Both are the same car except for trim items(I think).Up to that date the Cricket was the British built Hillman just rebadged.Maybe someone else can confirm that as I'm new at this.

    So....what would this Cricket have been badged as if it was sold by Mitsubishi......a Lancer?

    PS still no answer from the phone listed in the ad or sign of anyone at the house.

  10. #10
    Administrator JNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by paulneartarga
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    haha, we'd like to see you in the j-tin raced in anger thread, so if you do go out with a BANG, be sure to have a friend take pics :mrgreen:
    There's a thread for raced in anger?

    So....what would this Cricket have been badged as if it was sold by Mitsubishi......a Lancer?
    viewtopic.php?t=3738

    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2966052
    -Matt

Similar Threads

  1. 1976 Plymouth Arrow 160
    By FireArrow in forum Ad / Auction Finds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 04:44 PM
  2. WTB '78 Plymouth Arrow bumper end cap
    By 78 Arrow GS in forum Mitsubishi Swap Meet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 10:48 AM
  3. 78 Plymouth Arrow GS $500/ Indiana CL
    By 78 Arrow GS in forum Ad / Auction Finds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 02:13 PM
  4. 78 Plymouth Arrow GT ($4500 Tampa CL)
    By 78 Arrow GS in forum Ad / Auction Finds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 10:23 AM
  5. Old bad pics of my '84 Plymouth Colt....
    By DenDanger in forum Mitsubishi Garage
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 12:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •