Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 808/rx3 coupe 12aT 200rwkillawasps, new dif going in

My 808/rx3 coupe 12aT 200rwkillawasps, new dif going in

Seeing as im frequenting this site quite a bit these days, I thought id show you guys my car,

I purchased it as a rolling shell when I was 17, Dec 06, chucked a 12a in, and drove it everyday up until June 08 where I decided to take it off the road and give her a new lease of life,

Just before I tore it down

Over the last few years, the car has receive a bare metal re-spray, all rust cut-out with new steel welded in, the colour chosen was WR margaret white and the tired old 12a was sold off and replaced with a fresh injected 13b Jport, anything that was old or warn was either replaced or restored including suspension

Small amount of build pics to get the idea,

Before strip in new home,

Striped to metal in house then sent to beaters in light coat of primer, (beaters ended up soda blasting anyway

Back from beaters

Putting back together,(fun bit)

Back on the road finally

Thatís about it from me for now, the car isnít completely finished im still on the hunt for a set or series1 guard mirrors and a nice oldschool set of JDM wheels but unless they pop up they can wait for now

Cheers,
    matt

sweet car, i love RX3s, too bad they're not sold in my place

WOw, 100x better than the top pic :tu:

Hey Buzz3n, car looks unreal, love the old school look

White suits RX3 coupes perfectly!!
    I noticed you are running the 626 style centre caps on your rims. How are yours attached?

Extremely tasteful build up, love the injected Jport, bet it sounds nuts.

Administrator
    Beautiful resto. Love the new look. Welcome to JNC!

Thanks for the kind words guys, and yes mattrx2 it does sound nuts, slightly on the loud side :twisted: but owe well

Quote Originally Posted by jdmrx2

I noticed you are running the 626 style centre caps on your rims. How are yours attached?
    Is that what there off, they are just pushed on through the back of the wheel before the wheel goes on the car, they fit nice and snug, I personally think they look slightly better than rx3 centercaps also.

wow, truly excellent. Great choice in colour. Would love to hear that j port brap away. great car!

Quote Originally Posted by BUZZ3N
    Thanks for the kind words guys, and yes mattrx2 it does sound nuts, slightly on the loud side :twisted: but owe well

Is that what there off, they are just pushed on through the back of the wheel before the wheel goes on the car, they fit nice and snug, I personally think they look slightly better than rx3 centercaps also.
    There is a flat rubber ring that provides the pressure fit when you slide them on so they dont fall off. Ive just placed a parts order with Mazda for a few things and they are on the list.... will know later if they are still available. Its good to know that Mazda still have lots of parts..... Nice car BTW but it needs head rests !

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy
    Quote Originally Posted by BUZZ3N

Is that what there off, they are just pushed on through the back of the wheel before the wheel goes on the car, they fit nice and snug, I personally think they look slightly better than rx3 center caps also.
    There is a flat rubber ring that provides the pressure fit when you slide them on so they don't fall off. Ive just placed a parts order with Mazda for a few things and they are on the list.... will know later if they are still available. Its good to know that Mazda still have lots of parts..... Nice car BTW but it needs head rests !

this is correct, the only reason they were attached to the rim before attaching the wheel to the car, if that makes sense is because there is a lip on the caps that when pushed on after the wheel is on the car they stick out to far and don't look right,

gypsy dont worry, the next time i take the car out the headrests will be put back on :wink: