Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a few 3tc questions

a few 3tc questions

i got a 81 te72 sport coupe. someone gave me a 22r carb and i was told i can make it work, and its similar to running a holley carb on it. if this is true what do i need to make it work.

also recently arp discontinued 3tc head studs. does anyone know if the 2g??? belive is the block, some people are using this head to make a hybrid. would head bolts from the 2g work?

as for lowering i am planning on attempting to roll my front fenders, however im afraid my rears my be to rotten to do so. any advice?
    and will ae86 lowering springs work in the rear of my te72?

thanks alot.. im sure i have a million more questions. i have tryed the search but it seems to come up with alot of everything but what im lookin for

Try brd racing for the head studs. as for your carb im not too entirely sure, just look and see if it fits. and im not sure which engine head you are talking about (2tg maybe) but im sure everyone here will be extremely helpful.

Yeah randy has the stuff u need for sure. on the 22r carb you have to have it reworked before it is worth anything it would be cheaper to get a used 32/36 or something and run that

Quote Originally Posted by 3tcRob
    Yeah randy has the stuff u need for sure. on the 22r carb you have to have it reworked before it is worth anything it would be cheaper to get a used 32/36 or something and run that
    oh really i was told that all i need was an adapter plate and a 22r or 20r carb would work, cant recall which one it was 20 or 22 however. I know need an adapter plate, i was also wondering where to get it from. i have contacted brd about a few things, but sometimes they dont get a reply that im lookin for per say....

Cams i am clueless about and have tryed to get one figured out thru brd but never get any answers regarding....

i have .040 wisecos 10:1 compression. what kind of valve train should i be running, what do you guys have for cams? something lumpy would be nice

In my Corolla before the 2tg build that is going on now I was running a Erson .510 Lift cam,Rocker Arm stoppers,Dual 44 Mikunis,Double beehive springs,Stock valves, mild head work and a TRD Race dist
    Lumpy isnt really a term for the way mine sounded, i cant how many times that i was told they they have never heard a 4 cyllinder sound like it did. Had to open my hood many times to prove that it was a 4 cylinder

sooo sexy!!

where did you buy your cam and distributor from?

Believe it or not u can get the same cams still from Summitt racing idk the price off the top of my head and when I bought all the stuuf for my 2tg conversion I got the trd dist but u can run a early 2tc with sidedrafts and they will clear the base

How much did that engine build cost you?

shit i dont know 1g or so????

rob is that an ae86 strut bar? was there any conversion needed fo it to work?