Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 18RG twin turbo?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    surrey, bc
    Posts
    57

    18RG twin turbo?

    http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e90610250

    is that what i understand the auction to be for?

    pete

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    yay area , CA
    Posts
    81
    i have never seen this before.....

    i dont even know how it all works. hahah... first time.
    im pretty sure someone on here nows though

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Saratoga N.Y.
    Posts
    732
    that would be a great piece for a early corona build.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Torrance CA
    Posts
    277
    yes thats an 18rg twin turbo. only a hand full were built. its carb turbo ad a liquid cooled intercooler on top. way too much $ for the parts.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    delavan,WI
    Posts
    99
    wow i cant see a 18rg spooling thos guys up. i wonder if it has hella lag?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northridge, CA
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by pancho y onions
    wow i cant see a 18rg spooling thos guys up. i wonder if it has hella lag?
    They are small turbos.

    The kit was made by Sigma Auto, now known as SARD.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    yay area , CA
    Posts
    81
    i recently found out that the turbos spool sequentially...
    one starts at around 2500k while the other starts at around 4500k

    i say not worth the money... unless your really looking for something Period correct.

    pretty sure u can find something nowadays for less that $1000

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alki by way of Tacoma
    Posts
    116
    that is awsome, expensive but awesome, iam getn the welder an pipe bender out an seeing if i cant make my own!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northridge, CA
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by milesorolla.BIDD
    i recently found out that the turbos spool sequentially...
    one starts at around 2500k while the other starts at around 4500k

    i say not worth the money... unless your really looking for something Period correct.

    pretty sure u can find something nowadays for less that $1000
    Oh really?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Torrance CA
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve
    Quote Originally Posted by milesorolla.BIDD
    i recently found out that the turbos spool sequentially...
    one starts at around 2500k while the other starts at around 4500k

    i say not worth the money... unless your really looking for something Period correct.

    pretty sure u can find something nowadays for less that $1000
    Oh really?
    really? where did you hear that? This was made in the 80s when aftermarket had no idea how to do such a thing...

Similar Threads

  1. Toyota Mark II twin Turbo
    By 10psitx in forum Toyota Garage
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 07:26 PM
  2. My Twin turbo 1uz ra21
    By Stevieg in forum Toyota Garage
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-30-2015, 01:16 PM
  3. WTB 2JZ twin turbo valve covers
    By kanedog in forum Toyota Swap Meet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 09:08 AM
  4. F/S STOCK 2JZ TWIN TURBO $200
    By slickwrick in forum Toyota Swap Meet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 10:30 PM
  5. Mazda 3 Rotor Twin Turbo Insanity.
    By in forum Ad / Auction Finds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 08:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •