Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Japanese Nostalgic Scooter: Honda Supercub

My Japanese Nostalgic Scooter: Honda Supercub

Unfortunately I do not currently own a JNC, however I would like to share my primary mode of transportation as it is a Japanese Nostalgic motorcycle/scooter. It is a 1982 Honda C70 Passport, more famously known as the Honda Supercub. I bought this little scooter in need of TLC for $250 four years ago, rebuilt the engine/transmission, and have accumulated over 10,000 trouble free miles since. It is definitely the most fun and reliable vehicle I have owned. The Honda Supercub is probably the most important and influential vehicle ever built by Honda. Over 60 MILLION have been built since it was introduced in 1958, not including countless clones and knock-offs. The Supercub helped change the face of motorcycling in America and continues to be a vital means of transportation in developing contries, especially in Asia. My Supercub has become an integral piece of my life that would be hard to part with.
    Tim

It looks very good, I didn't knew this scooter (here is more popular the italian Vespa)

I love it. And I love that you've put so many miles on it. It's a shame you can't buy a new one from Honda in the US any more.

It is unfortunate they are unavailable in the U.S. because as of 2007, Honda has begun offering them with fuel injection for the Japanese market. I wish I could get my hands on that fuel injection setup for my '82.

i would love to own one especially for the small town i live in. 50cc, right? do you need a motorcycle license?

It is 70cc's which legally qualifies it as a motorcycle in most states, so yes you need a motorcycle license. I actually bought it when I was going to school in McPherson, Kansas, a small town in the middle of nowhere. It was amazing riding it around there, as they are definitely built for low speeds, maybe 45 mph tops. I could ride from town to town on dirt roads at my own pace and see no other cars for miles. Down in Texas there is much more traffic and crazy drivers, so longer trips take a little planning to find lesser traveled roads with lower speed limits.

Here in Oregon the maximum you can go before your required to have a motorcycle/moped endorsement is 50cc and max speed of 35mph above those and your needing one of those PITA endorsements.

You did a really great job rebuilding your scooter. I appreciated the history lesson on the Supercub!

You should bring this to the local JNC meet this weekend. 8)

Here in Spain these small motorcycles can be used with a common driving license (for cars) or a license for small motorcycles (very easy to obtain, only eight hours of class and a little exam)