Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One owner 1982 Datsun Diesel Maxima Sedan w/66k miles!

One owner 1982 Datsun Diesel Maxima Sedan w/66k miles!

Just landed this little beauty!

It has been stored in a garage for the last 15 years until the original owner passed away at the ripe old age of 91! She bought it when she was 62 and drove it until she was 76 and then put it in the garage! This thing is a freakin' time machine!

I just ordered some new neoprene seat covers for the front to replace the crappy and torn sheepskin one's it came with and to protect the immaculate seats underneath.

All it needs now is a 5-speed swap, a turbo conversion and some B99 veggie oil!

Take out the sheepskins and it's Concourse ready!

that the cleanest max diesel ive never seen.. mos of the ones ive seen are all torn up, ppl dont like them much since they are diesel so dont take care of them... nice max man :tu: :tu: i my self em looking in to the diesel cars for the fuel saving purposes and for the fact from wat i hear its less trouble to turbo a diesel....

wow rare to see one in nice shape.

we used these motors in some land rovers, good offroad motor!!

pete

Nice Maxima, a really clean looking car... it`s nice to see that pretty good interior, the interior of my 910 is almost the same, but the exterior paint is baaaad.

Does somebody know where can i find those power mirror switches? the mirrors of my car are electric but are disconnected.

wow man what a catch!! congrats

Right, so the Maxima was the 6 cylinder version of the Bluebird. Never actually seen one before (we only got 4 cyl 910's down here). Heard about them often enough from people in the US wanting the diesel cranks, but never bothered to find out exactly what model of Nissan they were.

Looks like a good one. :mrgreen:

I've got a set of these new seat covers to protect the immaculate original seats and to get rid of the crappy sheepskins that are already on it:

These are pretty close enough to the original to keep the nostalgia unblemished.

Most likely, it's going to get a conversion to a 5 speed if I can source an '81, '82 or '83 pedal set and center console.

No matter what it's getting turbo charged and converted to bio-diesel.

Ultimately, the "turbo" diesel is going to get swapped into a 240Z I have and I'll swap an L28ET with Megasquirt from a "spare" '82 280ZX Turbo into the Maxima and never have to smog it since it's registered as a Diesel in California!

I'll end up with a Veggie powered Turbo Diesel 240Z and an immaculate 2.8L MSnS Fuel Injected Turbo powered classic Maxima for hauling the whole family around to car shows!

Wow! That is the cleanest Diesel Powered Maxima I've seen so far!! What a great find...the interior of those Maximas are so "Luxurious" like...what a car. :tu:

Administrator
    Nice find! Look at those rear seats. I could curl up in there and take a nap. It looks more comfortable than my bed!