Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My trip to Classic Car Nagoya

My trip to Classic Car Nagoya

This shop is like 10 minutes from me in Miyoshi. They do an absolutely fantastic job of restoring these cars! I went once back in October of last year, which is where most of my pictures are from, but for some reason I don't think I made a post about it. I went again yesterday to look for Hakosuka parts (which they have tons of) and took a few more pictures.

The first time I went

They have this place in the back where the junk cars go (apparently they have a warehouse somewhere with hundreds of cars in it that would be a dream to hit up, but I gotta buy something that they only have in the warehouse first). This little lot has some badass stuff in it though.

The yellow and white Z is very turbocharged, I haven't popped the hood yet but it has a huge intercooler sitting up front and plethora of gauges floating around the inside.

I love this car, if it were reasonably priced I'd be tempted to ditch my Hakosuka for it. I think the Bellets are just so sexy.

A 2-seater hardtop 200ZR. I was very interested in this car before I got my Hakosuka, but they said that it couldn't be registered because a loan company still had the title. Which means I would have to pay them 3 grand for the car and then the loan company however much was still owed on the car in order to get it. Too much legal paperwork in a country where I can't read it for me, haha.

Even had crank windows!

Another personal favourite, the Nissan Leopard! I had one of these in New York (an Infiniti M30).

Sign outside the shop.

Cars parked outside (I'm guessing employee cars).

Haven't got a clue what this one is.

A nice 4 door Hako.

A very nice Hako inside.

This Celica was pristine. Looked probably better than it did when it rolled off the factory floor! could be yours for a cool 10 grand!

The legendary engine stacked inside an S30 Z.

You need parts? They have anything you can imagine! Even two brand new NOS rear fenders and doors for a Hako!

Pretty S30.

Old roadster, I love these things! Its like the best of British and Japanese sports cars rolled into one!

Windshield has Corona RT 20 written on it, so I'm guessing that's what it is, haha.

A little G-Nose action. To be honest though, I don't like the G-nose at all, haha.

Need a cylinder head, they got a few!

I almost feel that with cars like these I should put NSFW in the title, since it looks like pure sex!

Near as I can tell, this is an original Mazda Cosmo being brought back to life the proper way.

A Hako being brought back to life the proper way as well.

A Hako in need of some serious love.

This Kenmeri is pretty rough, but looks like a solid base.

Another roadster.

Two shots of the engine from an un-restored all original 4 door Hako.

That's all from the first trip, pictures from the second trip will be posted below!

Cheers
    David

Very cool! Hope to see some Mitsus in your other pics.

Here are the pictures from yesterday!

A few things I caught on the street that day first though, haha.

I see these a lot, but figured I'd finally snap a picture, not classic, but still cool. Everyone hates the R33's, but I like em, haha.

A Ferrari 355 I believe (not too boned up on my Ferrari's).

Not a very good picture, but a classic Ferrari Dino 246 GT. Absolutely love this car!

The lot out back with the same Bellet from before only this time it has a really clean looking freshly wrecked S30 next to it. So sad.

I don't have a clue what this is, haha.

C210 Skyline I believe.

I don't have a clue what this is, but it sure was pretty! the front end looks like a Sunny though.

The Hako being done right from above.

This thing is pure sex. My inspiration!

And a very very pretty S30 to make up for the wrecked one above.

And that's all she wrote! Hope you guys enjoy!
    Cheers
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Joe
    Haha, you and me both! I live right between Toyota city and Mie prefecture (Honda heaven). Nissans are hugely popular for tuning and restoration but the Mitsus just seem to be scarce!

The best pics I've seen of Mitsus around here came from my buddy Mike when he went to the Mitsu family day. Pics here: viewtopic.php?t=8579

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for more Mitsus. I know that Vintage in Kuwana has a few, so the next time I'm out that way I'll snap some pics!

Thanks for the comment!
    Cheers
    David

WOW, all those look great. It must be great to go and see all that vintage metal and original parts sitting on shelves.

:shock: Awesome shots....I wish I had a shop like that around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakazoto
    I don't have a clue what this is, haha.

That sir is a Saab Sonnet

Quote Originally Posted by Nakazoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Joe
    Haha, you and me both! I live right between Toyota city and Mie prefecture (Honda heaven). Nissans are hugely popular for tuning and restoration but the Mitsus just seem to be scarce!

The best pics I've seen of Mitsus around here came from my buddy Mike when he went to the Mitsu family day. Pics here: viewtopic.php?t=8579

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for more Mitsus. I know that Vintage in Kuwana has a few, so the next time I'm out that way I'll snap some pics!

Thanks for the comment!
    Cheers
    David
    Quick update on some Mitsubishi love for Arrow Joe.
    Found an old Mitsubishi 360 sitting outside some guys place today so I snapped a few pictures (and fell in love in the process).

More pictures here: viewtopic.php?p=79582#79582

Enjoy!

Did you get any more pictures of the 1st. Gen. Skyline? Looks as though it's in the midst of restoration too.

while your out and about, if you find older subaru's (i.e. before 1980) take some pics and if in a field see if they would be willing to sell it or at least parts off of it lol