Thread: hid question

hid question

I know its not really oldscholl jdm but I have always wanted to do hids in the z. I think it would be a clean and unique additon to the car. My question is has anyone attempted to make they're own for a classis z or used these I have found on ebay I was wondering if they were any good

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-INCH-P ... 414a894381

Might be a Rocky Auto car, or was entered in the shows they sponsored. Infiniti headlights converted to 7 inch round.

I am planning this for my 76 Subaru also, the route I was going to go was get a H4 conversion kit and then get a HID conversion kit that has the lights sat up for H4 replacements

very cool i will post updates on whichever i decide if you build your own will u post ur work plz sir would love to see what im gettin into lol

The spider eye lamp is from a Nissan Cima/Infiniti Q45.

I'm more a fan of projector lamps than HID. I haven't seen much for 5 3/4 inch quad lamps. It would be nice to come up with a chrome surround and clear lens to house a Hella 90mm so it would blend with 60's and 70's styling as well as the Rocky Auto lamp does.

Quote Originally Posted by JT191
    The spider eye lamp is from a Nissan Cima/Infiniti Q45.

I'm more a fan of projector lamps than HID. I haven't seen much for 5 3/4 inch quad lamps. It would be nice to come up with a chrome surround and clear lens to house a Hella 90mm so it would blend with 60's and 70's styling as well as the Rocky Auto lamp does.
    There have been a few people that have modified BMW headlamps from I think late 80's early 90's 3 series to fit into the quad lamp setups.

As for blitzk08 it is pretty much a plug and play setup, the H4 conversion is out there. Hella makes a Eurovision bucket iirc that is "not DOT approved" but is excellent for this setup and I know quite a few people that so use it and not have any issues. The HID setup is one that just drops in and plugs into the harness and the ballast gets placed in a place that has good airflow to keep them cool

very cool guys thanks for all the info