Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1990 240SX XE Coupe w/ Sport Package

1990 240SX XE Coupe w/ Sport Package

Here are some pics of my 240SX coupe. I bought this car in January of 2008 from a friend of a friend. I had been hearing of this car for a few weeks and thought for $1000 any 240SX would have to be very rough. I finally had to see it since it was heading for craigslist and I was surprised to say the least. It had 146k on it when I bought and came with a list of deferred maintenance. The Nissan Service Comm printout shows that she was built on 05/31/90 at Kyushu. It was PDI'd on 08/06/90 at Hampton Nissan (fka Casey Nissan) in Hampton, Va. It was sold on 10/23/90 at Casey Nissan now known as Hampton Nissan.

Since purchasing the car I managed to locate a bunch of new parts from OEM Surplus. New Nissan seat assemblies and a new cassette player to replace the original one that was still in the car. A new rear seat speaker shelf and steering wheel as well as some other pieces came from OEM. Then a whole boatload of parts from the Nissan dealer. New headlight switch and windshield wiper switches. New shift boot and shift lever bushings. A used console lid and new window cranks.

Under the hood new Nissan fan belts, valve cover gasket. New Nissan battery cables and Nissan battery. Distributor cap and rotor, plugs, plug wires. All new heater hoses and radiator hoses. New overflow tank for the radiator and power steering hose. New front hub assemblies to include wheel bearings and new wheel studs. A friend of mine had a pair of TC rods with urethane bushings from his project 240SX. All four calipers and new pads with new rotors and stainless steel brake hoses. Lastly a new cat-back exhaust system. Next up on the list is to replace all of the vacuum hoses with new silicone hoses.

For now the thrust of the project has been to replace all of the worn out peces with stock or better OEM type pieces since this is my daily driver.

Enjoy the pics--

The first weekend after I bought it:

After a year's worth of cleaning and installing new parts...

Trial fitting some Enkei 92's 15x7 zero offset with junk 225/50/15's...

must go lower

Very clean. I miss my S13... :cry:

And yes, must go lower. 8)

Administrator
    Damn dude, are all your cars some shade of dark red/burgundy? :P

I really want to find a clean S13 before they're all drifted into oblivion/walls. I'm partial to the pignose coupes too. Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by ben
    Damn dude, are all your cars some shade of dark red/burgundy? :P .
    My plan is to build a collection of GP Maroon cars..

Quote Originally Posted by ben
    I really want to find a clean S13 before they're all drifted into oblivion/walls. I'm partial to the pignose coupes too. Nice find.
    Good luck! I was sort of looking for one for a couple of years and then this one drops out of the sky. In acquiring the factory brochures for both 1989 and 1990 I was able to deduct that this car is a one year only model--the "sport package" was only available on the 1990 coupe and not the 1989 coupe. The sport package was basically the "SE" package from the hatchback (leather wrapped steering wheel, front and rear spoilers and the alloy teardrop rims) and then couple that to a hardtop coupe bodyshell with manual windows and this is the coupe I would have built for myself circa 1990!

I am also surprised to find so many S13's with rust problems. This one is more strange because it does not have any rust problems even though it has lived out here on the east coast its entire life.

Administrator
    That's awesome. I had a similar story with my ae86. I owned several that were each slightly closer to my ideal than the one before.

Finally I lucked out with one that has the optional LSD and sunroof but no power windows, no spoiler, no factory a/c (still has the perforated plastic piece on the climate controls!) and a full folder of documentation. And in the color I wanted. Exactly the car I would have built for myself in 1986. And it has never been drifted either

My S13 is the same way.. manual 5 spd, no sunroof, and no power windows. I love my hatchee, and wouldn't have her any other way.

Hey, you're local! (sorta)

I'm in Gaithersburg, so out I-270 from DC.

Nice piggy. I like those seats so much better than the "burlap" ones.

Keep it nice!

Needs low. Meshies look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashiriya
    Needs low. Meshies look nice.
    There. I fixed it. :P

to the poster above me, the US only got pop up headlights on all the 89-94 240sx weather it be hatchback or coupe.... we never had the silvia front from factory so theres a bunch of these here, in fact i got one.