Poll: How lame is this car?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V8 E71 '82 Corolla

V8 E71 '82 Corolla

just bought this pile, '82 liftback that had a real hack job 5.0/t5 stuffed up front. just $500. i only bought it for the engine and trans to go in me '75 volvo 242, but what do you think of it? my neighbor wants to put a chev 302 in it ( chevy guy). it will become a race car, anyone want the interior? ill put an ad up. its a straight and complete car otherwise.

just thought some of you would laugh

the guy still had the 4t too if anyone wanted it. oh and it has a spooled rear end that we will be ditching

now for the hideous fab work to make it fit, the guy was actually PROUD of the work, i have to cut it all out and re do it

the most awesome tie rod splint evar!!

got some proper 14" mazda wheels on it

What a hideous hack job! That guy must've been living in constant fear of dying whenever he drove

WOW :shock: this is a seriously bad hack job, that poor Corolla. I highly doubt it had a 4T in it, probably a 3T-C. It really makes me sad that someone is not going to save this car and ruin it by sticking yet another American V8 in it. Please sell it to someone who will really appricate it.

Anyone see his back rim? WTF, did he hit, for it to crack like that?? :shock:

and to think i was thinking about puting a merican v8
    poor corolla :td:

intrested in the seats if you parting and shipping isnt retarded

I'm all for the V-8 swap in theory, but the workman ship is terrible.

I say, straighten out the shoddy work and give it another go. SBCs are probably easier than 5.0s to make power with, but it'd be a blast either way, IMO. Not every E70 needs to have a 4cyl Toyota motor in it, I say.

thats the spirit i guess.

yeah it could be a nice car, i love old Toys but this one doesnt strike me as something i like, the destroyed rim was just something the owner gave me to roll it on the trailer with, it had some old 3 piece rotas on it that he demanded to take off, i didnt need them.

fear not guys im quite a good fabricator if i say so myself, i build road race cars for a living so this wont be a low quality conversion.

and hey nothing is set in stone yet, if your near Sacramento and just have to save this car, get me an offer

How about an aluminum V8? Light weight up front for balance How much are LS2s these days? Or a Lexus V8, keep it in the family. I mean, I'm sure the previous m45t3r f4bric470r kept it in the family...mere delusion cannot explain the fact that he had any pride in that hack job at all. Must be inbred. Ignorance is bliss, in this case a blissfully catastophic death when that steering linkage gives out.

Administrator
    Is this a LeMons contender?

Clean interior, must save.

Don't count this thing out. It can accept AE86 bits easily and looks pretty cool with the right stance/wheels

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/picture ... &picnum=61