Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Gift= 1987 300ZX

Wedding Gift= 1987 300ZX

So my Boss gave me his fathers 1987 300ZX as a wedding gift. he knows nothing about cars and didnt really know what to do with it. At first i figure its a cop-out and I am gonna get this piece of shit that i now have to deal with but i saw it for the first time yesterday. 100k miles, california car, no rust, 5Spd, T-tops, leather interior, BBS Wheels, non-turbo (can't win em all). This car is absolutely perfect.

I dont know much about Nissans, I've always been a mitsu guy, but people are telling me this car is worth $3000-$4500 in this good condition. I am trying to decide if i want to sell it of keep it. Any input???

Keep her! Z31's are one the most looked over Z cars and they can be made to look really nice... you already have nice wheels on her... just needs a drop!

You never, EVER sell a low/no rust old school car in New York. :P

:shock: Wow....well if you don't want it I'll gladly take it off your hands. :mrgreen:

Well its a California car...Its only been in New York for about a month now. Im sure I will drive it for a while and see how I like it. Its so friggin clean I am almost afraid to mess it up. If I decide to sell it you will all be the first to know!

Quote Originally Posted by RWD4G63
    Well its a California car...Its only been in New York for about a month now. Im sure I will drive it for a while and see how I like it. Its so friggin clean I am almost afraid to mess it up. If I decide to sell it you will all be the first to know!
    Hmmm... dont u think its rude to sell a wedding gift? :|

Quote Originally Posted by PathFindeR
    Hmmm... dont u think its rude to sell a wedding gift? :|
    I do, but I wasn't going to be the first one to say it... :wink:

I know it seems rude, but we were originally going to buy this car from the guy who gave it to us. He was aware we would probably drive it for a while then sell it, (we are saving to buy a house) so I wont feel so bad if I do sell it. I had no idea it was this nice tho so we might keep it... we'll see...

I know it seems rude, but we were originally going to buy this car from the guy who gave it to us. He was aware we would probably drive it for a while then sell it, (we are saving to buy a house) so I wont feel so bad if I do sell it. I had no idea it was this nice tho so we might keep it... we'll see...
    but still its a wedding gift. I would sell the car if someone gave me a car for no reason but i wouldnt if he intentionally gave me as a gift... For me its disrespectful. Then again, its your call.... just my way of seeing things. No hard feelings thou...

but still its a wedding gift. I would sell the car if someone gave me a car for no reason but i wouldnt if he intentionally gave me as a gift... For me its disrespectful. Then again, its your call.... just my way of seeing things. No hard feelings thou...

plus... its a nice car for cruising. A new set of wide work 03 15's and fender flares, souped up engine and exhaust, and off u go with wind blowing ur hair.... aaaaaahhhhhh, what a feeling that would be....