Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Datsun Laurel C30 1971

Datsun Laurel C30 1971

Can somebody please tell me what Datsun this is?

That model Laurel is not a Prince, its a Nissan. The C30 first went on sale in 1968. Prince ceased to exist in 1966. There was no Prince Laurel. It has alot in common with the Prince side of Nissan (engine, suspension design, it may have already been on the drawing board at Prince before the merger), but it's most definitely a Nissan. Same way the C10 Nissan Skyline is not a Prince. That's my understanding of the situation. Correct me If I'm mistaken.

Not sure if it was sold in Export markets. (I've seen the odd 2 for sale in Australia over the years), but if it was it would most likely have been marketed as a Datsun. Even the one in the photos above wears Datsun badges.

Edit: well this post doesn't make much sense now, basically I was replying to some deleted posts that the car was a Prince laurel, not a Nissan/Datsun.

Yes it has datsun badges all around, seems to be using the same platforum as my c210 does.
    have been looking for parts for this laurel but they seem to be hard to find so i was wondering why..

Not a very popular model outside of Japan it seems (and possibly not too popular there either?). Your best bet would be to try and find a contact in Japan willing to source parts for you, or auctions.yahoo.co.jp

What parts are you looking for? Some parts from other models may be interchangable. I hear the front suspension and steering was borrowed for the S30 Z May not be exactly the same, but might be similar enough to adapt. Also noticed that the interior door handles on my 130 cedric look alot like the S30 door handles, so there was a bit of parts borrowing from other models going on. Makes sense to keep production costs under control.

the hardest parts will be a new, uncracked dashboard an all rubbers for all windows and doors. i want to use new ones when i start rebuilding the car, if i decide to buy it.
    most of the other parts i can make myself, or use parts from other cars.
    front suspension wil be Nissan s13, rear will be a mix of s13/s14.

doors, fenders etc are in a pretty good condition.

I believe these have very narrow strut tops (small pcd) same as the S30 (240Z) so you might have some trouble fitting S13 ones.

Edit: Actually, looking at the photos above, it appears they have larger strut tops than the S30.

s13 coilovers will fit. they have smaller springs + it will give me the benefit of height/damping adjustment.
    s13 lca's will fit too, so i will be able to use s13 hub, brakes etc.

I would have thought that being as Prince design (or more accurately designed by Nissan employees who used to be Prince employees ) that it would be like a C10, which means it's most interchangeable with 510?
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by datsunfreak
    No Kev, you are eating a duck fetus.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    s13 coilovers will fit. they have smaller springs + it will give me the benefit of height/damping adjustment.
    s13 lca's will fit too, so i will be able to use s13 hub, brakes etc.
    Are there many 79-83 280ZX's where you are? That stuff is WAY easier to fit, and the brakes are actually bigger than most S13 stuff.

no there are not a lot of zx's, and the ones we have are kept in heated garages by people who love them
    s13 brakes are weak, but with s13 hubs s14 brakes will be a straight bolt on, even with 15 inch wheels.

but, ill have to buy the car before i can modify anything

as far as i know there never was a 510 in the Netherlands, so i guess i wont find much 510 parts over here.

I have been breaking s13's and s14's for a few years now so i have all parts in stock, i'll see what will fit.