Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my 82 corolla wagon

my 82 corolla wagon

This is my 82 Wagon pick it up 2 years ago working on it little bit a time.rolling on 18",original motor 66,000 miles detailed,original interior,tv's,18" sub,amps,4-6x9,4-6 1/2

MORE PIC'S SOON

very nice and very clean :tu: i just wanna see how others react to your wheels, they are nice wheels though :wink:

wagon

Very nice wagon indeed.:shock: I would do away with those big wheels and get nothing bigger than 15" imo but to each his own. It reminds me alot of a wagon I know very well. :wink:

It is a really nice car. I also agree though that the wheels don't match the car, 15" is as big as I would go.

thanks guy's for your comments,a used to be a 13" tetitas and bfgoodrich guy slammed. but i wanted my wagon to gave a different look
    as low i could go with 18" wheels which i'm making it lower this year. almost everybody has the same look(racing wheels,15" wheels,13" wheels) for next year i'm working on making it 5 lug and putting(18" toyota rav4,19" toyota hybrid hilander wheels) what they doing in puerto rico SORRY :wink:

Welcome to JNC.. another New England member.

Yea, ditch those stagecoach wheels.. they belong on an Escalade. Nice wagon, though. :P

A set of old school JDM 14s or 15s is the way to go. :tu:

Re: my 82 corolla wagon

Nice car. Great to see one in that kind of shape in New England.

The northeast oldschool scene is still very different from the west coast. I've yet to see an oldschool Toyota/Nissan that is wearing the period-correct oldschool JDM wheels that we love so much on this site.

It takes a long time for what happens in SoCal to catch on up here.

There are some great old cars around here, but they either stay stock or go more the modern bling route.

Quote Originally Posted by KresSlyda180
    A set of old school JDM 14s or 15s is the way to go. :tu:
    :tu: :tu:

Re: my 82 corolla wagon

Quote Originally Posted by gamby

The northeast oldschool scene is still very different from the west coast. I've yet to see an oldschool Toyota/Nissan that is wearing the period-correct oldschool JDM wheels that we love so much on this site.

It takes a long time for what happens in SoCal to catch on up here.
    Not true, Gambit.. we've been doing the period correct rims on Toyotas since the 80's, in New Bedford, MA.. WAY before the resurgence in the whole US wanting to restore old Toyotas. We lowered them and had JDM rims from the 80's since, 1985-93 in our area... way before the Honda craze around 94. We didn't need California's help with hooking up the way our cars looked.

Back then, the Cali guys installed ground effects kits on FWD imports.. 3rd gen Civics and 2nd gen Sentras, around 89-91. The midwest guys were doing the mini-truck craze. We were too busy with our RWD Toyotas, Mazdas and Datsuns to care about Hondas. 8)

If anybody was in the old school Toyota game back then.. we all knew Lawrence, MA was the place to get all our JDM Toyota parts... wooden steering wheels, old school rims, wink 4-5 panel mirrors, alternate headlight flashers for MR2s and AE86s, turbo mirrors, lowering springs, Toyota 1.8 hood ornaments, and Supra seats.

I have a thread on my 84 Cressida, in the pics it had 80's Racing Hart Cybers in the front(the rears were only drift rims, anyway) with an 80's Kamei rear spoiler... and 2 bosozoku hangrings on the inside.

..and my Nissan 240SX has 80's SSR EX-Cs Superfins.

My Corona also has 80's Enkei 14x6.5 Apache Vs in the rear. To me it's either JDM old school or NO school. 8)

I've been in this JNC game since the mid 80s, man. I wish I still had pics of my friends' cars and my cars, back then. :wink: :tu:

Administrator
    ^ awesome story. I would love to know more and see pics!