Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Gen Prelude info?

1st Gen Prelude info?

I'm considering buying an '80 Prelude right now- but like anything else, I feel it's a good idea to get info on any car I consider purchasing to make a better decision on whether it's really what I want or not.

I'm not a big fan of driving a FWD car, but this thing is pretty neat and so it's intrigued me.
    Do newer Honda suspension/brake parts fit these?
    Would a newer EFI motor go into it easily or am I just kidding myself?
    Is there anything I should know about these cars?
    How hard are mechanical bits to find? This one needs an e-brake cable, but that's about all I know is mechanically wrong with it.

Any info/help/suggestions are appreciated. 8) :tu:

Those preludes are really good cars.Fwd cars are good considering traction.
    Swaping in a newer engine will not be a straight and easy process, you will have to make shafts, mounts and many other things if you are considering a b series.If you would want an even larger engine( 9o up accord and 92 up prelude) you would priobably need tubular strenghtening for the chasis, not to mention brake upgrades and stuff.

I have heard there are certain prelude engines that do fit but im not sure on what prelude it is, it is suposed to be from an 84-87 prelude, but dont know the combination of mounts, positioning or details( nor the people of 1stgencivic, ive asked before because these cars ,1stgencivics have the same engine mounting as these preludes, also 1stgenaccords).I will surely ask again and will let you know if i get some info
    This is he url of the civic that has the prelude engine im talking about, but heavent contacted the owner personally to ask( dont know his username).This should be what you are looking for as these engines also came in fuel inyection( as oposed to the one in that civic).

http://www.1stgencivic.org/1stgeneratio ... c.html?009

yes its says its an 86 prelude engine, but the details of mounting is not incuded, that what i will try to find.

You should be able to find any carb to FI how to if you google it, its basically some houses, fuelpump, filter, lines, computer and some other stuff i might be forgetting.

You will only be able to interchange engines from 76-83 accords or other preludes that are the same as yours; you can also investigate which engine is the one that fits, but you would have to make alot of measurements ; though it can be done, youl just need some inspiration.

The emergency brake cable is no big deal, you should be able to find one in many of the early honda forums just as:
    -1stgencivic.com
    -preludezone
    -preludepower
    -3geez.com
    -thisoldhonda
    -this amazing site 8)

Go get that car, they are amazing in my opinion , the good thing about them is that they are 4x100 wheel pattern configuration, so many cool rims will fit.

Hope most if not all of your questions are answered, if not feel free to ask.

As a side not, i dont own one of these YET( heavent beenable to find one here) but im a proud owner of one 77 cvcc civic(not picture worthy yet).

Talk about a large post :lol:
    [/img]

Maybe I should be telling you about this Prelude if you're looking for one? :lol:

I'm sending you a PM sir. If you legitimately want one, you need to buy this car. :tu:

Administrator
    Not a direct answer to your question, but I was amazed at this 1st gen Accord's swap

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/20 ... mod-squad/

It had hasport engine mounts, but I have no idea how the shafts were modded (if at all).

wow, quite tempting, but i wont be able to get it because im too far away :x .Wow jdm goodness :shock:
    1500 is a great price for it

edit:Wow with a car like that, why would one want to modify it?

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo i.
    wow, quite tempting, but i wont be able to get it because im too far away :x .Wow jdm goodness :shock:

Because I hate stock cars. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Stationwagonguy
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardo i.

Because I hate stock cars. :lol:
    Don't we all? lol :P

I dont .So are you going to get it?

Hi there, my name is Richard just read your post about the Prelude ,

I have one myself great little car I intend keeping it pretty much standard at the moment, goes great and handles excellent, I have however added 2 jappanese GT wing mirrors to replace the "ugly export table tennis bat door mirror" JDM style is much better.
    there don't seem much representation in this forum for this model, must getting rare I guess or maybe they were never that popular?
    any way here is a pic of mine to brighten up the forum :wink:

[/img]

Nice car, what are your plans? That baby is 4x100, There are alot of options for rims 8) .Too bad my future accord is 4x120, will ahvae to do something about it.