Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feb 14th - Picnic at Hanging Rock - Melbourne Australia

Feb 14th - Picnic at Hanging Rock - Melbourne Australia

Any one in Melbourne should get down to this show, its the biggest classic car show in Melbourne every year. Not specifically JNC, though the Classic Celica guys usually put on a good showing.

Details here

http://www.picnicathangingrock.com.au/

And ignore its Valentine's Day - tell the other half a lovely drive into the country is a great way to spend the day :P

Administrator

Re: Feb 14th - Picnic at Hanging Rock - Melbourne Australia

Quote Originally Posted by silverra23
    Any one in Melbourne should get down to this show, its the biggest classic car show in Melbourne every year. Not specifically JNC, though the Classic Celica guys usually put on a good showing.

Details here

http://www.picnicathangingrock.com.au/
    We've got a club run organised for the day. Had a few different kinds last year....... there's usually a ton of car clubs that go.

And ignore its Valentine's Day - tell the other half a lovely drive into the country is a great way to spend the day :P
    I fall into the "other half" category, so the boy doesn't need to convince me....... :lol: just tell 'em they can catch the shuttle bus to the winery and wander around all the food and wine stalls and that ususally keeps us females happy. Mind you, i have never made it to the winery yet - i never get through all the cars..........................
    A 320 ute, 2 roadsters, 2 1200's ...... & a Prince.

Actually Go Baby Go I might have to introduce you to my other half so you can educate her for me

I have a half a suspicion you and I know each other from a different life, will have to send you a PM and check!

Administrator
    I have a half a suspicion you and I know each other from a different life, will have to send you a PM and check!
    You are correct!!!!

Sad part is, it's still the same life just different "brands" for you hey.......
    Will keep lookout for you at the 'rock.

Ohh, and get the other half into training......... :wink:

I have never made it to this. Maybe this will be the year

Administrator
    It's a great day- you will love it.

The only thing to remember, is that the day will not go ahead if it is a code red fire warning for that day. They will tell you on the news, or on the website - http://picnicathangingrock.com.au/

Macedon Ranges Shire Council has made the decision that it will not operate any services or open any facilities in the three high-risk areas of Woodend, Mount Macedon and Macedon from 12 midnight to 12 midnight on Code Red days (24 hours).

This includes services operated in council buildings/facilities by Council, Committees of Management or other parties, e.g. Woodend Hub, neighbourhood house, the library and community centre, as well as recreation reserves and sports facilities in Macedon, Mt Macedon and Woodend, including Buffalo Stadium, the Woodend Pool and Hanging Rock Reserve.

In the event of a Code Red day for the local region, the Picnic at Hanging Rock event will be cancelled. Due to the logistics of staging the event it will not be rescheduled for the current year.

Participants and visitors should check this site for the latest news - updates will be posted regularly.

Full details of the Shire's decision is available from their website at http://www.mrsc.vic.gov.au/page/Page...e_Id=2089&h=-1

humm

was all set to go this year, taking the GT and the Wasp.... then realised we'll be a thousand miles north for the week surrounding the 14th.
    damn family events!!!!!!!!

definitly going to P.I. for the classic in March tho. only got there on Friday last year. making it a friday till sunday event this year, will have 12 of the boys down there, with their cars, and plennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnty o'booze each night!!
    just hope i can remember which end of the spanner to hold if the race car needs attention tho.............. :lol:

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1600GT
    was all set to go this year, taking the GT and the Wasp.... then realised we'll be a thousand miles north for the week surrounding the 14th.

definitly going to P.I. for the classic in March tho. only got there on Friday last year. making it a friday till sunday event this year, will have 12 of the boys down there, with their cars, and plennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnty o'booze each night!!
    just hope i can remember which end of the spanner to hold if the race car needs attention tho.............. :lol:
    No club sections this year,parking is just pull up a pew wherever. Ohh, and no free tix for cars on display, you can purchase them half price through your club.

Or, be a sponsor and get free ones..... :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Go Baby Go
    Quote Originally Posted by 1600GT

No club sections this year,parking is just pull up a pew wherever. Ohh, and no free tix for cars on display, you can purchase them half price through your club.
    that's a better solution for us actually, as the 'anywhere' parking will suit the boys coz there'll be a variety of old bangers, not just the same as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Baby Go
    Or, be a sponsor and get free ones..... :wink:
    or.... a trade supplier-mate uses your jnc ute as a tender vechicle and gets your car into the pit area to advertise his business in return!! :lol: :lol:
    even better are crew passes from a group c racer-mate who needs a hand or 2 :lol: :lol: . with any luck, his car will be fine, as it's had a recent front to rear make-over, and has been bullet-proof the last 2 times out, so then we can stand back and watch the world go by while breathing those wonderful fumes................ 8) 8)
    see u there!