My Celica From France
So now I'm introduced myself, let me introduce my Celica.
It's a 1979 french Celica ST powered by the common 2TB with 86hp.
I firstly would paint it with Curtiss P40 colors but a friend told me "Hey!!! it's a japanese car so please choose a japanese plane!!!" that's a reason why I choose the Zero and I like it now. I painted myself outside in my garden.
86 hp for road use it's ok but to go on trackdays and drift sessions, it was a little bit low. Swap are difficult with laws in France and easy to see.
So I choosed to make a mix with a 3TC and I suppose I have now the only "3TB" in France.
- ported and polished head with OEM valves
- double valve springs with titanium retainers
- rocker arms stoppers
- reinforced pushrods
- Crower camshaft (with a oil jet on the distributor gear to avoid problem)
- tunable camshaft pulley
- home made cover in the front cover (based on a Yamaha TW125 pulley cover)
- Wiseco high comp 3TC pistons 86mm (1811cc) 11,1 : 1
- Molnar Rods
- ARP bolts everywhere
- 3TC crankshaft
- stainless 4 in 1 3TC manifold
- Mikuni Solex 40mm with aluminium trumpets
- Megajolt Edis 4 ignition
- Aluminium big capacity oil pan.
- Spal electric fan
- Oil catch tank
To do :
- oil cooler with fan
- oil T°C and pressures sensor/gauges
- AFR sensor/gauge
- home made air box
- WEBER 45mm to replace Mikunis because 40mm alloy only 34mm venturies and I need more air/fuel
Actual power : 125hp => 175hp lot of tuning
On the chassis I have only fitted AE86 D2 coilovers (fitted with AE86 front lowered springs on the rear)
I will fit RX7 calipers or brembo calipers.
I would like to fit all parts I can from the Techno Toy Tuning Catalog
Priority is the LSD so don't know for the moment which one I will fit because the ratio is very long 4.3, I need shorter.
Wheels are SSR Star Formula 14" I ordered used in Japan. I will perhaps paint them gold or perhaps change to 15".
I will try to fit black fender flares.
Interior is original for the moment but I have the hub to fit a sport steering wheel, I will fit some race seats but I have a very important accessory : the disco ball on the mirror...will no win power but fun
There is still a lot of work to do but it's now well advanced.
Last edited by jbg; Today at 09:19 PM.