Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deciding on a cressida......

Deciding on a cressida......

So as of lately Ive been thinking of getting a 4 door sedan. The celica is awesome. I just want something that I'm not so protective of and that will fit more people comfortable as my daily driver. My decision is a cressida. Its 4 doors, toyota, inline-6 power, rwd, has alot more features, not to expensive to purchase so all in all looks like a great car . Though I can't decide on which generation to buy thats where you guys come in! I'm was thinking of either a MX73 or a MX83. which one would you guys suggest buying? Im not a cressida guy so I dont know much about them besides what research Ive done online and the experience Ive had with the 5mge in my friends 85 supra. Thanx for the advice/suggestion in advance :tu:

Administrator
    MX73, because it looks about 10000 times cooler 8)

Quote Originally Posted by ben
    MX73, because its 10000 times less BHG's 8)
    Corrected...

yeah 7m have the head gasket problem..... whats the best year of the MX73 ?

I too vote for the x73 chassis. I have an 86 x73 and love it. They are essentially a four door Supra. If it fits suspension and engine wise on a MkII Supra, then it will work for the cressy. 5 speeds are rare. If you want one, you will have to make it. 5 speed swaps are easy though, just need a Mk3 Supra for parts. The x73 is divided into two groups, the 85-86 and the 87-88. They changed the front end and the taillights in 87-88. Mechanically, they are pretty much the same though. Good rust free Cressidas will run anything from 200$ and up depending on mileage and upgrades. Once you get one, Celicasupra.com and toyotacressida.net will come in handy. Cressida.net may take some time to get registered, but once you can post and such, there is lots of great stuff on there. Here are some pics of my x73

First time I saw it, day I picked it up. It had sat in this same spot for close to 8 years. Drained the bad gas, slapped in a new fuel pump and she was back on the road.

Cut 1 1/2 coils out of the fronts and slapped on some P-types. Still have to do some work on the bumper. It was in a small fender bender at some point and I believe I need new bumper supports. Right now the bumper is only held on by two small bolts on either fender.

Here it is with my buddy's wagon. We got this one for about the same price as mine. It needs a fuel pump just like mine did. We haven't done that just yet as his gas tank is way worse than mine was.

'

One more thing, if you get an x73, expect to hear everybody ask why you drive a maxima...

Of course, you could look for a gangsta x32 :twisted:

I'm a sucker for mx63's. Just as cheap as a x73 and almost as east to find. The late models even have IRS.

cressidas are nice daily's

i have an mx83

all i knew about it when i picked it up was it was a 7mg and rwd

i will prob part with it when i finish my 200sx; but im always looking for one of the older chassis' to keep as a clean daily, as mine was rather neglected most of its life

I like my MX63 other than the automatic. When you look at one look in the trunk right where the seal is on it, mine is rusting out there.

Im just not a fan of the headlight design of the MX63. So looks like when I get the money I'm gona either look for a 87-88 sedan or a 85-86 wagon ( kinda like the look of them and the versatility of a wagon. just know its gona be harder to find a clean one). Is the suspension different on the wagons than the sedans?

Front: Same.
    Rear: Wagons are live axle, sedans are IRS.