Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first TE72... old school minitrucker building a Corolla..

My first TE72... old school minitrucker building a Corolla..

OK, new here so I have a few ?'s to start with...

First, who still sells drop springs for a 1980 TE72 Corolla?

Second, will the struts and springs off of something else interchange with mine that might give me more options as far as lowering and/or race..?

Third, does anyone know where you can get flared fenders.... Steel ? Fiberglass ? ABS ? Or what flares match up well if cutting off the stocks and grafting in new...

And lastly, how about a ground effect or bodykit style, over the bumper type front cover and chin spoiler in one piece... Or options from other cars that will fit well?

Thanks....

Pics coming soon...

All AE86 parts fit the TE Chassis no problems get the 86 front spindels to run AE vented brakes and shit
    What kind of truck?

My Minis

I have a fully hand built 1981 Datsun 720 kingcab thats a 4 pump hopper/ dancer, a 1995 Nissan Hardbody D21 thats also on a 4 pump kit... And a 1973 Hilux chassis thats been retro-ed and re-inforced for hydraulics and has a 5M 2.8 Ltr from an "84 supra planted on it... allong with a 1984 Isuzu Impulse JR waiting to get boosted.. And a 1987 Nissan Pulsar NX that's the sportback model...(don't know what I'll do with it.) And lastly a little toy called an Isuzu Sunsport which looks like an old I-mark with a rag top... all just toys... lol...

AE86 Parts...

So, AE86 drop springs will fit on the TE72 struts? what about the rear-end assembly, will they interchange and were any of them LS or posi?

Also, here's a strange ?.... Will the gas tank from an AE86 fit in a TE72 cause winding one thats not severly rusted is a real pain....?

And, anyone know where I can find a turbo mani for a 3TC? we build them for all kinds of engines but I'd like to see what is available that might look somewhat stock... lol... hehe

all juice and no air? Yes as long as u dont have a wagon the rears will swap over you can use Celica rears as well but need parts adjustable link bars and you have to swap the spring perches. The Celica Supra rears are a Toyota 9in and came in LSD the 86 I dont think ever from the facotry came LSD but there is a Drum brake rear and a Disc Rear you need all the related cables to make the parking brakes work
    No the gas tanks wont swap over and you can chek Luis at Paradise Racing, Randy at BRD, or PSI Racing for turbo manifolds

So, the rears will swap... kewl... what about the springs... will AE86 springs work on the TE72 front struts cause I'm looking at some Eibach springs but they only list them back to the AE86... ??? :?

Quote Originally Posted by 3tcRob
    all juice and no air? Yes as long as u dont have a wagon the rears will swap over you can use Celica rears as well but need parts adjustable link bars and you have to swap the spring perches. The Celica Supra rears are a Toyota 9in and came in LSD the 86 I dont think ever from the facotry came LSD but there is a Drum brake rear and a Disc Rear you need all the related cables to make the parking brakes work
    No the gas tanks wont swap over and you can chek Luis at Paradise Racing, Randy at BRD, or PSI Racing for turbo manifolds
    Say what???

9"???

No AE86 LSD???

:lol:

Early Celica suprs were Toyota 9 in I thought I have one in my shop and can look and from the factory no LSD on the AE i thought i know the Celicas did

Quote Originally Posted by CrossRoads
    So, the rears will swap... kewl... what about the springs... will AE86 springs work on the TE72 front struts cause I'm looking at some Eibach springs but they only list them back to the AE86... ??? :?
    Yes the 86 springs work in the back but if you swap to the 86 case you can use the 86 brakes and rotors which are vented if u use the Celica rear the springs are a bigger diameter

My bad u could get a T283 4:30-1 ratio as a option with LSD GTS only