Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 75wagon's 75 GC Galant Wagon

75wagon's 75 GC Galant Wagon

Hi all, I'm a moderator on another forum. burabuda invited me to join JNC so here I am.
    Here are some pics of my car. I've done a bare metal respray on it. I've fitted factory twin carbs, 5 speed, recaro seats, sports wheel, and 13 x 6 Cheviot Hustlers (1970's rims) to keep with the 70's theme of my build. I've just recently fitted a factory tacho and have custom made myself some wheel centres.
    I've done everything on the car myself, and I mean everything. From the paint and panel, to the mechanical.
    I will post some pix shortly.

Here's some pix of the car

Very nice! Especially jealous of the dash. :tu: I also have a 75' Wagon and would love if it was just as clean. Working on it but not there yet. 8)

Mark

nice 8)
    so it's the gs wagon that mitsu never built?
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by burabuda
    nice 8)
    so it's the gs wagon that mitsu never built?
    That's it, that is exactly what i tried to build. I said that on SG, and they didn't know what I was talking about.
    I'll get some more pix up of it a bit later, I'll put up some of the build shots.

Thanx for the comments Datsunrides and burabuda .
    I bought the car in 2004, it was left to the guy I bought it off in a will. The previous owner was the original owner. It had 96000km's which I'm confident were original. The paint was shot, and so was the motor. The water jacket in the rear of the head had corroded away and it had been driven like that for a while I think because No.4 cylinder was worn out. You could have rented the car to a local disco for a smoke machine. :lol:
    The guy I bought it off gave up on it because he couldn't get a motor for it.

hey you deserve props simply for not running 18" rims :lol:

(we like to (gently) tease the aussies about ths phenomena)
    -Matt

My mate has 17's on his Datsun 1600 (sorry 510), I know what you mean. That's part of the reason I haven't gone down the path of putting a 2.6 in it. I want to keep those wheels. The larger discs wouldn't fit in there. I've had these rims since 1994. I have had a lot of offers to sell them, but I just can't do it.

I was having a look around this site last nite, about 8 hrs ago. You guys have some good stuff on here. I hope it's alright, I copied some of your pics and posted them on SG. I thought the Aussie boys would like them. If anything it's a bit of a teaser for them to look here.

no prob. our forum is really a reflection of the jnc magazine. we make no attempt at comprehensive coverage of any one make/model, and love to link up with specialty sites and they to us :tu:
    -Matt

Here are some build shots of my car. It took me three years to finally paint it. I stripped the car back to bare metal a panel at a time, file finished and filled as necessary. This car had had more hits than Elvis I think. Not a single panel was straight. Luckily only one little patch of rust in the left rear guard, just behind the rear wheel, about the size of your thumbnail. I cut it out, welded it up, and treated the area with fish oil.
    I changed the colour of the car to one off a Kia (do you get them in the us?). My inspiration was a colour from one of my sons toy cars. I took it to the auto paint shop and asked them to find the nearest they had to it. I hated the original colour, but I wanted something that would look at home on it. I hope I succeeded.

I stripped out everything to paint it, the only thing left in the car was the exhaust and the rear axle assembly.

I finally got around to doing something with my wheel centres, It's about time because I've had the wheels for 15 years. I cut and hand filed aluminium sheet, drilled and polished. Then made some logos for the centre (I'm a signwiter so it made it easy). It's 3 colours of signwriting vinyl with a layer of clear vinyl to protct them. I'm happy with the result. They look better in real life than pix.