Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Me first proper old skool jdm

Me first proper old skool jdm

Kia ora guys ...

Me name is Pat I'm originally from Thailand but has been in NZ but a long long while now.

About me cars I have always been a Mazda fan my first car is a 1990 Mazda Familia GT I had a little accident involving power pole and phone box so after that incident I bought myself SA22C !! yes boys and girls me first Rotary it wasnt in the best cond but got to start somewhere right ?
    Since then I moved on to a few FD3S's and now this ....

Actually the topic is wrong ... It should have been NZDM ??
    1978 Mazda 121 with a 2 litre Piston .. hmmm not an RX5 but oh well
    141,xxx kms Most of its is still orginal even the windscreen with the aerial that goes right thru the middle

Anyway Here it is I called it " The poo brown " !!! Actually My wife came up with the name and I'm sticking with it

As you can see she's a minter ... I have got a a few plans for it but not too radical maybe giving it a rotary treatments ??
    I would rather keep the original interior too even though my wife does not like it haha .. it's so retro and ugly yet its cool !!!

I want to dump it too so once I dump it I will put some more pics up.
    Anyway let me know what u guys think about my poo brown !

I am open any suggestions but doesnt mean that I am goin to do it

I almost forgot to mention and this really goin to make you guys goes crazy ... I paid just over NZ$ 4000 for my poo brown .....
    so in US$ 2800 , AUS$ 3200 , UK$ 1800 and EURO$ 2000

Well I think its a good deal anyway ..
    When I pick it up I didnt even take a trailer I just drove it back home which is about 200 kms ... best drive ever ...
    She still get up and goes too !!

Hi Pat,
    Nice 121, leave it in orginal state, meaning restore to original specs and she'll be worth more in the future than if you mod it, rota etc. She's too nice to mess with. I cant believe I've just said that considering I'm a huge rota fan :shock: :tu:

Hi mate, I must say that I usually gag when I see an RX5 / 121, but this example looks incredible. The "Poo brown" suits the shape better than any other that I have ever seen!!

Car looks to be MINTA. Top find, I hope you take good care of her.

Awesome ride, don't ever touch it even poo brown!!

Mazda's paint code was Y9 - called Radiant copper metallic for the technical Mazda people out there - and I need to get out a lot more!!

My 121 coupe isn't anywhere near as cool as that - gunna have to add some whitewalls after seeing her like that - NICE! :tu:

Very nice! Dont mod that beyond a set of wheels, just drive and enjoy. Normaly I am not a fan of that bodystyle, but that is CLEAN and pretty.

Damn that thing is so awesome! :shock: Is is lowered already? It's got a great stance. If you wanted to lower it, it's not like you couldn't put the stock springs back on it later.

Love the vintage "poo brown!" I think it's a great color!

My vote as well - keep it stock standard - these are getting very hard to find in nice condition...

fantastic 70s pimp. so much fun driving it

used to have the red one (sadly rear panel on them rusts horribly, speaking of which would recommend to getting them lights/chrome and center panel removed an cleaned up and anti-rusting there)

absolutely fantastic cars, first of Mazda's with all Disc breaks, and the only one of two cars in the world to have 120x4 stud pattern (the other one is 78 civic i think).

given opportunity will get one for sure

Love the color and the car. RX-5's are serverly underrated cars. They have a beautiful ride and are by far more comfortable then anything else available at the time. Great choice and great looking car. Congrats!!!!