Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2jzgte KP61 starlet build

2jzgte KP61 starlet build

Ok so I have decided on a motor for this beast and it is now set in stone as 2jzgte being as I just ordered it...

Need a few recommendations:

1. brake upgrade options
    2. rear axle recommendations
    3. front bumper options that will facilitate an FMIC core

Any info would be appreciated. And before the "it will never happen" posts get started...This swap will be a breeze compared to the other swaps I have done in the past. I own a shop and we do all of our own welding, fab, powdercoating, ect. in house. I have put a lot of motors in a lot of cars that didnt belong there. LOL Stay tuned for what will be a pretty cool build.

How much power?

If under 500 RWHP, Toyota Pickup/Hilux 8"

If over, 9" Ford.

Are you going to put the N2 widebody kit on it to facilitate the installation of big tires? The car is going to need a full cage installed in it along with something to tie the front and rear together...I would just consider a QA1/HAL/Strange/Aldan etc. drag strut for up front along with a 5x114 bolt pattern hub and rotor combination so it matches the rear.

I would like to shoot for 500. I am planning on caging the car and the cage will essentially be the subframe connectors. Thats a great idea with the hilux rear. Can you send me some more info on these struts?

Even with the cage, you are still going to need something underneath the unibody to tie the suspension components together.

The type of strut I am talking about is like as below, though, if you are planning on driving it a bunch on the street, go to a heavier rotor.

This is an early Chevy II/Nova Chris Alston front clip, but similar in idea.

even if you cut the crap out of the firewall is it going to fit in there? like a starlets engine bay is puny! even getting a F22C into seemed like alot of work

Should be able to fit the motor and trans in the car. The problem lies in the radiator and intercooler. I am going to have a custom radiator no doubt but FMIC I can use one of the cores our shop uses on Subies.

I am going to clearance the firewall a bit to set the engine further back in the car to both help the weight dist and radiator clearance.

Engine will be here the 25th so we shall see. Either way it will be in the car. Im not about to admit to my wife that I blew 2500 on an engine and rear end that I dont need LOL

Hilux 8"

The old Hilux rearends from around 1973 to 1975 are almost bullitproof... They're easy to re-drill and they will easily handle the 500 Hp range with few if any problems... and, you can find them cheap...

Re: Hilux 8"

Quote Originally Posted by CrossRoads
    The old Hilux rearends from around 1973 to 1975 are almost bullitproof... They're easy to re-drill and they will easily handle the 500 Hp range with few if any problems... and, you can find them cheap...
    Are you kidding me?

The RN20/25/27 trucks are scarce as hen's teeth here now, most of them went to the wrecker years ago.

They do have a 2-pinion G-type 8.0" diff though. :wink: :tu: