Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got a 1983 civic

Just got a 1983 civic

Well just picked up a 1983 civic. Couldn't pass up the deal at all. Best patt i its really solid for a WI car. Car was actually from cali and texas. Was brought up to WI 3yrs ago and garage kept 1 winter. Car is a 5sp manual and it needs a little bit of work to get it looking darn good.This is my first time seeing a 2nd gen civic up here. Not many around like in cali and the southern states. Any one know where i can get interrior parts for this.
    Only have this pic. Would like to do the round headlights that came in 80-81.

Check out the honda for sale section, there is a civic s being parted out( dont know the status though)( as far for interior stuff)

Also Check out 1stgencivic.com, they might be able to help you on specific engine and everything else info and also parts.( also swaping your headlights for earlier ones.Though I must say i like the square ones more on the 2nd gen civic.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Oh and what are your plans for it?

hot lil stock civic. its missing its side mirrors and i think a new coat of paint will do wonders!

Yeah i was starting to like the square head lights I might just get the the 80 vented hood. This one didnt come with the right side mirror. i believe only the Gl's and 1500s Did. Plans are to keep it stock. Just ordered my timing belt water pump,thermostat and valve cover gasket and new carpet from ebay. I want to keep it stock for now and during the summer find some jdm rims prolly 13s and lower it. I want to get it painted white but i might just keep it burgundy . Don't know yet. Had a blast driving it from Milwaukee though haha. kept up well with my friend's 86 regal. I just got done looking through all the records from 1983. All the way from the delivery date to current records are in a folder. Still have the original window sticker for it. Car brand new was $6500. Im dealing with my friend for his B16 so that might go in there. But i gotta finish my 81 celica haha.

Administrator
    Awesome find. Congrats! Keep us posted

Oh i did sign up in 1stgencivic. But all the FS ads are very old.But i'm going to a junk yard near by that has a 1980 civic 4dr. I believe the sedan came with a tach so ill be taking that off of it and what ever parts are in good condition.

Check out thisoldhonda.com too, they have a classifeid section too. With this cars one has to stay alert and buy when found not needed :lol:
    I dont think all the sedans brought the tach, sure hope the one youll be looking does.

nice. the only civics i have not owned was a 2nd gen and a 5th gen. not counting the 7th.

nice little car. should make a great daily.

Well since i have Christmas eve off. Im going to reupholster the door panle. Guy made a hole to fit some speakers and the panel is beat up. Ill be using black vinyl. Ill post pics tomorrow when im done.