Thread: someone stole my photo!

someone stole my photo!

So if you type in "1969 toyota crown" into google the first pic you get is my car. it's the original picture i saw when i bought it. I posted it here right after i got the car. Well the picture that comes up from the search is from a site called computer mechanics and it's an article about upgrading windows. Some sort of windows ogy, comparing new/old Camrys! Should i be mad? I'm not just confused, first off it's not a camry! Anyway i thought it was funny that he searched for an old toyota pic and came up with my pictures on this site. Be sure to keep your photos in your threads ever if they are pages back, because i have noticed that when google seaching for cars like mine, i often get my own cars with the link being JNC.com. Just blur out your tags!
    http://www.computermechanix.com/blog/20 ... -gone.html

haha, it's talking about window 7. the new software. it was using your car as an example to upgrade your old software to the new one cause it offers more.
    you might be able to do something about it. send an email to that person.
    but once it's on the internet, it will always be there.

i think it's funny, i really don't care. i just thought some of you might like to read it.

http://www.computermechanix.com/contactus.htm

Service Email
    contact@computermechanix.com
    Mailing Address
    Computer Mechanix, Inc.
    P.O. Box 18151
    Asheville, NC 28814
    They have a really nice copyright tag on the bottom of their web pages. They may be receptive to the idea of respecting your rights to the photograph that you own.

Unfortunately, we live in a world where most of the people have a Napster mentality. Everything on the web is free and no one has the right to ownership of anything you can squeeze down a internet connection.

In the other thread, it was mentioned that people try to sell a car with a picture of someone else's car. or a bumper, or something else. The people stealing the pictures never understand that this theft is the same thing as if their boss let them work a 40 hour week flipping burgers and dipping French fry baskets, and then deciding not to pay them for their week's wages.

It reassures me to see the outrage expressed by other people whose pictures are being stolen. Maybe that Napster mentality is not universal after all.

i personally never understood the point of blanking out my license plate. every day i have to have them on my car, one in front, one in back.. i don't assume someone from california would track my car to virginia and come steal it. if someone is going to steal it, they will be local. so, basically if they saw my car at the mall, they could get my plates then. unless every time i parked it i removed my plates and covered my Vin numbers.. but then they could just steal it at the mall anyways..

Quote Originally Posted by E-AT_me
    i personally never understood the point of blanking out my license plate. every day i have to have them on my car, one in front, one in back.. i don't assume someone from california would track my car to virginia and come steal it. if someone is going to steal it, they will be local. so, basically if they saw my car at the mall, they could get my plates then. unless every time i parked it i removed my plates and covered my Vin numbers.. but then they could just steal it at the mall anyways..

good point, it's basically public record anyway. Kinda like this picture, i didn't even take it, its the sale picture from the previous owner. So he just swiped it from my photobucket.

You should be honored! It's a great car and good publicity. At least it wasn't blogged in a bad way.
    It's better than entering your name in Google and finding out a gay actor shares your name.