Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW. I Guess I'm Back Into Rotaries

WOW. I Guess I'm Back Into Rotaries

Okay so a year or more ago I had and RX-4 and learned the hard way to do your homework before you start on these damn cars. The money flowed from my pocket like Niagra Falls and I ended up selling the car and regretting every part of it. Well the inevitable sickness of not owning a rotary car took over and I started looking for another one. I found the car I originally intended to buy in the first place and picked it up.

A 1973 Mazda RX-3. It's an original owner car that I got at a great price and have been taking my time getting together. I already put togehter a brideport 13b 4 port for this car and will be finishing it up very soon. Maybe a month or two.

After my RX-3 I went on the search for a truck. I had a toyota Turbo truck that was fun, but just slow in comparison to other vehicles I've had. I began the hunt and stumbled across this REPU in the northwest. Factory A/C and 4 speed. Complete as they come and super straigh. Again no rust at all and to my surprise the damn thing fired right up after changing the ignition setup to electronic. Very simple fix and an awesome truck!!! Just need to get the A/C working now.

So feeling that my collection was now complete I quit looking and was content with what I had. Til and impromptu search led me to an original owner 1974 RX4 tucked away in a garage since 1991. The owner was a super cool guy that I hit it off with immediately. We talked for over an hour about everything but the car and then he cut me a hell of a deal on ti. So here it is. I pick this one up on sunday. "After Church".

and the one that got away......

DELETED

Wow thats a nice collection your acumilating. now all you need is a R100 and a RX2 lol. congrats and nice finds

Quote Originally Posted by RX-2Fan
    Wow thats a nice collection your acumilating. now all you need is a R100 and a RX2 lol. congrats and nice finds
    Nah I wont' get either of those cars. I'm not very fond of their lines. I've got all the Rotaries I can handle now anyway.

Great finds! More pics of the Rx-4??

Great find Robert...you always come up with a good Japanese classic... :tu:

Here are a couple more pic's of the new RX-4. Finally after 16 years of darkness she's seeing the sunshine again. The car is much rougher then originally anticipated though. Lots of bondo on the good side. I guess I should have looked it over a little more but I was excited. Anyway she's got a new home now and later in the year I'll start work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PERTANO
    The car is much rougher then originally anticipated though. Lots of bondo on the good side.
    If it's too rough for you, you can always send it down here to me. :wink:

Nice collection!!! :tu:

thanks!!!!

Okay so slight update on the truck. Finished up the Direct Fire ignition wiring and got it fired up again. Man what a relief!! Still haven't drove it just yet though. The brakes didn't feel right so I'm going to pull the drums and check the wheel cylinders and all that good stuff. After that I have to send the wheels out to get the bores opened up to fit the front hubs. THEN I CAN DRIVE IT!!!!

I stripped all the window tint and cleaned up the interior a little more for now though. Only a little more to do. Hopefully she'll be back on the road full time this weekend.

RX-4 is tucked away in my buddy's body shop for a future date. RX-3 is still jacked up in the garage waiting for the new rearend.