Hi all.. I'm a long time reader, but first time poster!!!
Thought Id add up my build thread onto here - where the true enthusiasts hide. For anyone who doesn't know me or my car.. it is a JDM Rx2 Coupe with special 'Sports Kit' options.
The Sports Kit options listed below.
- Factory Mazdaspeed twin distributor bridgeport engine (rebuilt approx 5k ago)
- Nippon Kakkai 44mm carby (in storage, 48 IDA fitted)
- Sports kit oil cooler (Mazda Factory Race) and oversize radiator
- Factory fitted 5sp (first seen in Aus in Rx5)
- 4.1 Mazdaspeed LSD
- Factory fitted Smiths oil pressure guage
- Large 'Race' fuel pump
- Factory 260 kph speedo :shock:
Other items of interest:
- Original 38,xxx klm's on clock
- Original interior (plastic still on doortrims)
On the list to happen in the immediate future:
- Custom coil over front struts with camber/castor tops and externally adjustable Koni's
- Custom Koni Motorsports double adjustable rear coil overs - *both getting made next week*.
- Paint my 13x7 Watanabe rims - next week (need original Mazda gunmetal grey paint code if anyone can help?)
- Refit gearbox.
- Remove original front and rear struts and store, then fit new.
- Fit new fuel pump, fuel line, regulator and tacho - parts ordered from US.
- Fit tyres (unsure yet, but looking at Kuhmo semi's in 215/50/13)
- Fit suede Sparco steering wheel - have already
Slightly longer term (before xmas)..
- Volvo front brake conversion
- Race seat(s) and harness
- New 12A bridgeport engine underway.. look to fit it in new year. Will replace original engine which will be stored.
- Paint engine bay when motor out
- CR 5sp Rx5 type box (as what came out of car) - Needham, or Mazda if I can find!
Long term (12 months)..
- CR steering box
- Bolt in cage
- Pedal box
Spirit of the car will be to Historic Group Nc regs, but with the freedoms in areas that the class does not allow. Car will be used mainly for track days, sprints and hillclimbs.
An important note is that all mods to the car will be able to be undone, and the car converted back to its original spec without issue.
I am planning on using this car for the purpose it left the Mazda factory chockers full of it's go fast bits for.. to be DRIVEN!!
I will update pics as I go along.