Thread: ke25/te27 radiator?

ke25/te27 radiator?

hey guys, im at a temporary pause on my project, im sure it has been done before so i hope someone here can share ideas, or pictures of their build.
    i have a ke25 and we just planted a 2tg engine in it. I dont have a radiator yet, but as it sits, the clearance between engine and radiator seem to be slim. my concern is the size and thickness of the radiator, plus the fans, and the a/c condenser. if anyone here has done a ke25 with a 2tg, and air conditioning, i'd really appreciate your inputs, and if possible, some pictures

thanks jnc

Re: ke25/te27 radiator?

I can't help with your specific application, but what I did for my project was measure the space in the engine bay for a radiator and bought a universal one from Summit Racing.

I.e. radiator opening at front of engine bay 36 inches by 24 inches, and I had 4 inches clearance to the engine fan*. So I browsed radiators on the Summit website until I found one that fit the dimensions.

The downside was that I had to have custom mounting brackets welded on. Any radiator shop can do that for you cheap though.

*numbers for illustrative purposes only

thanks for the reply man, i'm currently browsing through the summit racing site, hope something fits. you haven't had overheating issues after though? thanks again

Zero overheating so far. I think the radiator that I've got in my car was for a late 1980's Mustang 5.0, so lots of capacity. Plus I've got an electric fan that pulls 1750 CFM ($23 shipped on eBay) wired to a temp switch. Goes on at 190 and keeps coolant temps nice and steady so far. Weather has been hot too, but haven't been in a traffic jam or really pushed the car going up hill. So far so good though