Thread: My RA21

My RA21

Great pics from Dino at Speedhunters...as Joel from Toysport told me..."this car is perfect"...what can I say?
    http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/07/...ise-the-senses

Re: My RA21

That's YOUR car?!

:tu:

Just read that article the other day. What a terrific car. That is the sort of car someone like me day dreams about

Quite simply stunning! 8)
    Well done on resisting to go wide flares and all. Nice sobre and clean look which still has plenty of attitude...

Thanks guys...it totally is a dream car! I built a RA20, black, in the 80s during the first wave of the Japan import scene...kept her 10 years and had regrets ever since. I was lucky to have a wife who agreed that the Celica was our fave car outta all my projects, so I got the green light. It is sorta the mid-life crisis thing, but I wanted the 'best' Celica, so I sought out and met Joel from Toysport. With my note pad master list, we went over everything I wanted...my original budget doubled! But when you're surrounded by Celicas, motors and parts galore...I knew I was talking to the right guy, in the right shop...plus I had seen the killer blue liftback he built for a friend here. They took it from a bare, rust free shell...to this. I hunted about a year for those rims....stoked to have those. Waiting on GT body stripes, then I'll be happy...she's a blast to drive, turns heads everywhere...I'm a lucky bastid.

Amazing car, ironically my front markers are also shaved on my Ra21, so when you come across a set of GT stripes without the marker light cutout, please let me know. lol

Yeah, with the corner lights wrapping around, don't need that side marker. Will keep ya posted on those stripes.