Thread: First Post! need some advice for my corona

First Post! need some advice for my corona

I just bought a 77 corona and im looking to get some cheap wheels. i dont want them to poke out. The wheels im looking at are 15x7 with a 0 offset. So basically im just asking if you guys think a 0 offset wheel would be ok?? i do not want them to poke out of the fenders

They shouldn't poke really at all. Sit around flush, maybe a little less.

Tire size is very important here. What size were you looking at?

You shouldn't have any problem with a 15x7 0 offset. i'm sporting a 15x8 with 0 offset but you will need to roll the fender lip up front and cut the front inner plastic shield as it rubs. Also you will have to roll the rear too.

But with 15x7's don't think you will have this problem.

what type corona do you have? I have '78 4dr sedan. Here's minewith 15x8's 195/50 up front and 205/50 for the rear. Check my tread rt105bong.

Quote Originally Posted by RT105BONG
    You shouldn't have any problem with a 15x7 0 offset. i'm sporting a 15x8 with 0 offset but you will need to roll the fender lip up front and cut the front inner plastic shield as it rubs. Also you will have to roll the rear too.

But with 15x7's don't think you will have this problem.

what type corona do you have? I have '78 4dr sedan. Here's minewith 15x8's 195/50 up front and 205/50 for the rear. Check my tread rt105bong.

mines a 4 dr sedan. i love your stance man. As far as tire size goes im thinking about running a 195/55-15 all around. Thats about a whole inch less in diameter than the stock 185/75-14's which will make my highway revs higher which sucks and ill need to address the extra wheel gap.

If the is you tire choice then you shouldn't 't have any problem with your 15x7's.
    that stance, I put a 2" lowering block at the rear and used a ford courier small truck springs(80's model) cut springs up front.

Post pics!!Like to see your car.

I have 15x7 all the way around on mine. 0 in the back and like plus 11 in the front and mine is hammered.
    The rear is 3in blocks with 2 leafs removed on Camaro shocks the front is cut 1 1/2 or 2 coils forget now but i have it cambered in all the way
    195/50 front 205/50 rear
    I had to pull the rear fenders a little for how low it is now befroe with just 3in blocks just rolled a little in the rear nothin in the front

Thanks for the info guys, ill get some pics up pretty soon. My previous car was a slammed mk3 jetta. I definitly want to lower my corona, I know i can get some longer U bolts made and put some blocks in the rear and the front i need to cut the springs. Besides just simply cutting the springs and maybe trimming the bumpstops is the front pretty easy to do?

^yup, super easy ...