Thread: wanting JDM Z UM-4 '98-'2000 items

wanting JDM Z UM-4 '98-'2000 items

My favourite daily drive needs help. Its 1999 Z Turbo GF-PA1 chassis E07Z engine (660cc)
    I have a cracked exhaust manifold, this is a turbo engine so pretty rare as the Beat and the trucks did not have turbos. Its cast iron so I might have to make a steel tubing replacement.

In JDM is there a place like Mugen / speed shop that might already have done these?

Secondly to get at the manifold it is probably going to need the engine dropped out, so I am seeking a workshop manual. The most similar model would be a 4wd ACTY truck or van, to help work out what needs disconnecting, its very crowded under the floor and would be nice to know if the cam belt can be changed in situ or not.

I have put an enquiry into the major wrecker here in NZ, actually it was them who originally got this car but so far no progress. I'm trying for a whole engine/trans...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/skyjeepav ... 458046329/

thanks, Ralph

Re: wanting JDM Z UM-4 '98-'2000 items

I doubt anyone on here has anything helpful for you there. It's a really new engine by forum standards. What car did it originally come in?

This is the model. I agree its a bit new to be Nostalgic class - yet. They were made 1998-2002. ZZ Top seemed to like it going by the Youtube CM

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-archive/z/2002/grade_data/

The 4wd system is viscous coupling like the early Civic / Shuttle was. It doesnt really need the fronts driven because the rears are driven directly and the engine is in a good place for that. It powers up offroad tracks which my CRV cant do with any confidence.

Guessing you already tried Strongs? If you didn't check with Chris, he's the best guy there; good friend of mine.

Failing that if you need something shipped from Yahoo or some shops in Japan let me know we do container shipments (or other methods if you want) to NZ