Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1977 Muscat Green Mazda Capella

My 1977 Muscat Green Mazda Capella

Hey guys - long time lurker first time poster, I picked this gem up on the 13/03/2014 and thought i'd show it

11/1977 Mazda Capella Sedan (pointy nose dogbone lights)
    Muscat Green (FP)
    Brown vinyl trim
    1600cc piston engine
    3spd automatic

The car is well known around the Western Australian rotary scene and apparently it has had 3 owners before myself, the first (and longest) was a little old lady who worked at the Good Sammys I believe it has around 155,000kms going off the service history and the condition of the car, it's a shame the odometers don't go past '99,999' on these old mazdas :roll: It still has the factory spare (which hasn't seen the road), the factory tool kit which is complete and the factory jack.

Current mods & bits which were done by the previous owner (Sam who was a fantastic person to deal with, always a bonus!):
    Late model RX2 hubcaps, white-wall inserts, Venetians

Not too many plans for it as i like them period-correct and mostly untouched, however i have ordered an exterior sunvisor, vintage style numberplates and might consider bringing the ride height down about 30mm (open to suggestions otherwise!), oh and if the motor decides to give up the ghost a nice little 13b mildport might find its way in there

Enough of me babbling, see pics (interior, boot and bay coming soon)

Her first cruise through Leederville (which happened to fall on St Patricks Day!)

Re: My 1977 Muscat Green Mazda Capella

Very nice. Remember, they are only original once and that is where the value is.

^ what he said. Keep it, treasure it, pass it on to the next person that will take care of it.

Plenty of rotarised Capellas out there now, not many piston ones left.

Nice

Very nice, looks like the grey on the rear garnish/grill and headlight surrounds could do with a freshen up in the original colour.
    :tu:

Quote Originally Posted by mazdajon
    Very nice. Remember, they are only original once and that is where the value is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewokracing
    ^ what he said. Keep it, treasure it, pass it on to the next person that will take care of it.

Plenty of rotarised Capellas out there now, not many piston ones left.
    Quote Originally Posted by banzaitoyota
    Nice
    Thanks guys, i have to admit i do enjoy driving it without pissing my neighbours off or looking over my shoulder the whole time, can't get that with a ported rotary! :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by EggBath
    Very nice, looks like the grey on the rear garnish/grill and headlight surrounds could do with a freshen up in the original colour.
    :tu:
    Thanks You're right i would love to get them painted in the original grey, unfortunate the garnish has some pretty big cracks and as they're on the rippled-finish part of the garnish it can't be repaired to a decent standard. I'm on the lookout for a replacement just for that.

WOW!! What a beauty... 8)
    Absolutely stunning and I love the color.
    I'll jump right in the and second all that's said above about originality.
    Such a survivor simple has to be kept unmolested and original.
    I know you Aussies like your sun visors, but while period I'd even leave that off as I feel they just look clumsy and foul up the otherwise clean lines.
    Congrats on picking up a great little piston Mazda. :tu: Wish I could find a 4 door JNC as cool as that here in Hong Kong...

Quote Originally Posted by 02Anders
    WOW!! What a beauty... 8)
    Absolutely stunning and I love the color.
    I'll jump right in the and second all that's said above about originality.
    Such a survivor simple has to be kept unmolested and original.
    I know you Aussies like your sun visors, but while period I'd even leave that off as I feel they just look clumsy and foul up the otherwise clean lines.
    Congrats on picking up a great little piston Mazda. :tu: Wish I could find a 4 door JNC as cool as that here in Hong Kong...
    Thank you any modifications that i'll be carrying out are simple enough to revert back to standard if i wish, i'm not cutting the rear end up to fit 20x10s any time soon! :P

Here are some (poor quality) pictures of the trim - please excuse the dirt in the car the GF doesn't know how to wipe her feet :lol:

As you can see the dashtop is quite cracked and the handbrake cover has almost completely disintegrated! if anyone has a spare laying around please PM me

Oh and the sticker on the glovebox is a relic from the original owner, it reads "A Motorists Prayer" - very nanna spec

Nice purchase! Not many of the series 4s left these days, and a great colour combo to boot! 8)

The car looks great. I hope the horrid 4 pot kicks the bucket sooner rather than later. Life's better with a rotary :mrgreen: