Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TSISS350's White Stallion;Er Starion

Too cool. What are your plans for it?

I dig the stopwatch feature. Never knew they had that!

Thanks for putting the pics up Andrew.....

Story goes, the original owner brought it to the dealer in '04 with 80k on it for a head gasket repair.. they repaired the head and forgot to put coolant back in it (!) He drove off, and not to far away, bam, seized up. So it was towed back to the dealer where they had no choice but to replace the motor. They did, he drove it home, drove it for a few months and parked it. Life got in the way and a Shelby GT350 found its way into the owners garage and the Starion was forgoten about.
    So basically I scored! An 80,000 mile original owner car with all maintinence records, original window sticker and a BRAND NEW engine, for $800!!
    As rust goes, its New Engand....but it is minimal for the year and being a Massachusetts car its whole life. Little in the quarters and the passengers side rocker, but nothing that is not easily remedied, the floors and rails a solid and as any Starion/Conquest owner knows, those frame rails are the firs things to go!
    So far, battery has been changed, fresh oil and filter, trans fluid changed to syncromesh, redline 75w90 LSD gear oil changed in the rear and fresh PCV on the valve cover.
    Stay tuned some more pics to come and hopefully by end of the week cleaned and detailed as much as possible. Keep in mind that all of these pictures are without any cleaning and the car is exactly as it sat at the owners house for five years!

My favorite touches, the o.g. hatch spoiler, Enkie 92s, and the Velnas trip computer.

Pardon the cell phone pics, here are a few more I took on day #1....
    Turbo? Yeah, and Mitsu wanted you to know it! I lost count of the Turbo badges!

15 X 7 Zero offset Original Enkie 92's. These should clean up nice, there is no pitting on the aluminum, just heavy dirt..

Love that spoiler!!!

Thanks for looking!

Nice find! :tu: Nice score! ($$) :tu: Very cool...

I should've not looked.. $800 for a mint Starion.. deym..

Me so envy..

:mrgreen: :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by JunRaymond
    I should've not looked.. $800 for a mint Starion.. deym..

Me so envy..

:mrgreen: :wink:
    Not mint...but very workable. Figure out the shipping and I will trade for your box type :mrgreen:

Sweet car Brad, I can't wait to see it in person. I love the flat side Starions more than the box type ones. I am again impressed with the quality of your cell phone pics. Not as nice as a real camera,but you could tell me they were from a semi decent point and shoot digital camera,and I would believe it. Great find. I guess I need to keep busy on craigslist searching for these deals.

Where does that fancy computer display the info?

Administrator
    The nostalgic car gods are smiling upon you guys. First the rx4 and now this :tu:

Awesome find. I dig that spoiler too. Almost fooled me into thinking it was a Celica Supra for a sec

nice car man, I just ran across a early 83 in the jyard, very straight unfortunately. Missing a engine. Musta sat in someones yard for a while. lsd, abs and ac, with digi dash and 15inch wheels. Pretty rare for a 83.

Whats the deal with the velnas, I'm not too familiar with it. What years got that?

Quote Originally Posted by ben
    Awesome find. I dig that spoiler too. Almost fooled me into thinking it was a Celica Supra for a sec
    Thanks Ben. Not sure what brand the spoiler is, anybody know?

Chris the VELNAS displays up in the center of the dash, right where the clock is in pretty much EVERY 80's Japanese car. Functions of the VELNAS.....
    1. Avg MPH
    2. Trip ODO
    3. Gallons used
    4. Avg MPG
    5. Alarm clock (why? In case I want to nap on the way home?!?!)
    6. Trip time in mins or seconds
    7. Stop watch
    8. Lap Timer

Also the ETACS module plays different songs for different things. Every time you open the door it plays what sounds like a digitized version of "How Dry I AM" haha!

Not my car, but a video of some one else's ETACS songs.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNe5URMHHaQ