Thread: Urgent! Need help before buying new rims!

Urgent! Need help before buying new rims!

Hello to everyone! I have a Toyota corolla AE86 and it's the first time i modified it at the JDM stlye. I need help with my situation. I don't know if i should buy the rims 15 x 7 or 15 x 8 because i like it better 15 x 8 because it makes the car look more aggressive. I only have the original suspension. The springs are cut just a little bit.

My question is: I would have some problem or any inconvenient in putting the rims 15x8. The following below is the specifications of the rims that i want is sportsmax, but don't know if it is the correct ones to fit my car:

Brand : XXR
    Model : 002
    Bolt pattern : 8H (4x100 / 114.3)
    Size : 15 x 8
    Offset : 0mm
    Lip Size : 3"

Which rims, what specifications and size would you recommend me to buy for my car could look more aggressive.
    Thanks!

Re: Urgent! Need help before buying new rims!

Quote Originally Posted by crunch
    Hello to everyone! I have a Toyota corolla AE86 and it's the first time i modified it at the JDM stlye. I need help with my situation. I don't know if i should buy the rims 15 x 7 or 15 x 8 because i like it better 15 x 8 because it makes the car look more aggressive. I only have the original suspension. The springs are cut just a little bit.

My question is: I would have some problem or any inconvenient in putting the rims 15x8. The following below is the specifications of the rims that i want is sportsmax, but don't know if it is the correct ones to fit my car:

Brand : XXR
    Model : 002
    Bolt pattern : 8H (4x100 / 114.3)
    Size : 15 x 8
    Offset : 0mm
    Lip Size : 3"

Which rims, what specifications and size would you recommend me to buy for my car could look more aggressive.
    Thanks!
    The picture is showed on this webpage: http://www.uapone.com/ebay/002%20BLACK%20FRONT.jpg

dude, corolla's can fit way more aggressive wheels than that. You should save for some longchamps or something!

But yes, the 15x8 will fit fine

My friend bought my old 15x8 -20 boyds and they fit on his 86 just fine with some neg camber up front. 15x8 +0 will fit with no problems.

From my experience, that should fit easily, i have owned one and have many friends with them and they run 8.5's with 0 or less offset and no issues, most of them run a bit of camber but that should be fine for your car. XXR's are decent wheels and much better than stock in my opinion but i see legit wheels like longchamps and other ssr's and some panasports and such go for around the same price, some need a little work but well worth it for a wheel set that will hold value and look better.

THANKS A LOT!

Thanks for your opinion, I live in Puerto Rico and its dificult to find old school rims at a great value. And i found these rims in a good price and looks like a little old school. My car is coming soon out from the shop and i need to get some new rims for the finish look.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

no problem man, post up some pictures when you get a chance!

Re: Urgent! Need help before buying new rims!

I'd say they fit okay...